or Connect

Posts by frugality

I think you may have inadvertently posted in the wrong thread.
The global-warming movement needs this sort of whiz-bang graphics to make up for lack of evidence. EDIT: Come to think of it, Al Gore and Lady GaGa have a lot in common. Image over substance....
Poorly, which is why there is all the more reason to give it a second go, given that Apple's competition can see how popular the iPad is, and therefore how much of a market (and profit) is available. A monopoly can't last for long. Of course, I had really hoped the same thing would be true regarding Best Buy.....if you've noticed, ever since Circuit City went under, Best Buy has had less reason to provide discounts. Now that the economy is rebounding, I expect that there...
A few atlases and things are printed in landscape mode. But 99.9% of reading is done in the normal aspect ratio of a piece of paper. Someone mentioned 'non-issues' above.......the ability to read in landscape is a non-issue....
To you, O.K.
Malware and viruses aren't an issue, and as you can see even Apple has issues when it creates location-tracking logs, so there's not really a security difference between the two platforms. Regarding the 'ecosystem' and 'walled-garden'......that's exactly why we need options. Not everyone likes to be constrained. Personally, I'm more likely to buy an iPad (don't have one yet, but got one for my parents, who love it), but have respect for those who want something outside...
Makes sense. Google is an American company. Apple is a Chinese company.
So I suppose the answer is that we should be driving ourselves (in our polluting cars) down to our local record store (a heated/cooled waste of space when you can do it electronically), and buy CD's (CD's and jewel cases manufactured out of petroleum products and shipped from manufacturer to distributor to retail store) -- or better yet, how about some nice, big vinyl LP's? No toxins in LP's, I'm sure. And the discs will all eventually end up in landfills. Or, we...
I agree with the premise of the lawsuit. Apple's stranglehold over content is getting worrisome. I hope they have to defend against some lawsuits from print publishers as well.
So if it's 'on sale', how much are the discounts off of normal price?