or Connect

Posts by frugality

At least you're honest about your dishonesty... Have you ever considered a career in politics?
This is a window: The fact that MS used that term to refer to a rectangular box on a computer screen is a unique use of the word.
Thanks for the tips! Did all but the monitor check, since I didn't have a monitor or TV. No dice. Took a drive to the Apple store thinking it'd be a 'recovery' case, so I wanted to know how best to go about retrieving my files. Turns out they are replacing those graphics cards for free -- even though my MBP is 3-1/2 years old and I don't have Apple Care. So my MBP is 'in hock' at the moment, but looks to be coming back as a working machine soon... Thanks again
2008 pre-unibody MBP. Didn't wake from sleep. When I lifted the lid, the white pulsing light became steady, but the screen remained black. Keys, etc., were unresponsive. Had to shut down by holding the power button. It doesn't seem to be merely a display issue. When I power it back up, and wait long enough that it should be booted up, then close the lid to put it back to sleep, the light still remains steady and I hear the fan-like sound of the hard drive spinning. ...
Wise up.
Awesome. Been looking foreward to better audio solutions from Apple. I'm running a Logitech Squeezebox and love it. I've heard Sonos is good, too. I think Apple dropped the ball in not entering that market -- meaning, something with a halfway decent DAC for stereo and home theater use. EDIT: Come to think of it......given the quality of music the almighty Steve listens to and uses for his product launches.....I can see why good audio performance hasn't been a...
I think you may have inadvertently posted in the wrong thread.
The global-warming movement needs this sort of whiz-bang graphics to make up for lack of evidence. EDIT: Come to think of it, Al Gore and Lady GaGa have a lot in common. Image over substance....
Poorly, which is why there is all the more reason to give it a second go, given that Apple's competition can see how popular the iPad is, and therefore how much of a market (and profit) is available. A monopoly can't last for long. Of course, I had really hoped the same thing would be true regarding Best Buy.....if you've noticed, ever since Circuit City went under, Best Buy has had less reason to provide discounts. Now that the economy is rebounding, I expect that there...
A few atlases and things are printed in landscape mode. But 99.9% of reading is done in the normal aspect ratio of a piece of paper. Someone mentioned 'non-issues' above.......the ability to read in landscape is a non-issue....