or Connect

Posts by spinnerlys

The D700 is comparable to the FirePro W9000, the D500 to the W8000 and the D300 to the W5000.The GPUs used in the new Mac Pro are workstation GPUs, costing up to 4,100 USD and some change (the W9000 costs that much for one card, and the Mac Pro has two of them, if configured correctly). Strange, that the GPU upgrade costs are so low compared to the rest of it, as those FirePro cost quite much (W5000 - 420 USD, W8000 - 1,400 USD, W9000 - 4,100 USD+) and even ECC RAM should...
But why does it take them so long to actually show the actual PS 4?
From a mathematical point of view maybe, but not from a point of view regarding software versions. There was a 10.4.1 and a 10.4.10 and 10.4.11 version. The position of the number in the version does not rule out a similar numbering with upgrades.   Apple will probably forgo the use of 10.10 or 10.11 in public naming schemes, but internally the number will probably still be used, since Mac OS X, or OS X now, is a strong brand for Apple.
0m32s: "It has an eye-popping 352 MegaPixel display." Which means, it has 6833.55 PPI, is that a Peta-Retina Display?
Also look for the Model Identifier in System Report > Hardware Overview > Model Identifier.
Links still do not work. Ah, okay, they do work in the forum article but not on the main page, I guess that is okay, since not many read the front page anyway and use the forum directly to get their fix. Stupid me. Ha, just tried it, since Mail is a bit horrible. But since the screenshot looks like an iPad version and the one one can download is only optimised for the iPhone and iPod touch, though still pre-retina style, I will give this another go once it comes in "HD"...
  While the MacBook Pro with Retina Display and its resolution might only be a bump of 15% compared to the current 27" iMac's resolution, if the 27" iMac gets a Retina Display, it will probably see a quadrupling of its pixels like every other device by Apple getting a Retina display, which means the resolution will be 5120 x 2880, which is 14.75 million pixels compared to the 5.2 million pixels on the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, thus the iMac would have 284 percent...
I know AI is only a blog nowadays, but the PowerMac G5 was introduced in 2003, the Mac Pro was introduced in 2006.
I won't discuss the bugginess of Mac OS X, since it became more buggy since Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, though Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is quite okay in my eyes. Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion are just so-so.But please show us ONE, only ONE, actual virus, that affects Mac OS X. I am not talking about viruses for the classic Mac OS, for which there have been some, but since Mac OS X' arrival, there have been no viruses. And yes, a trojan is not a virus, even if...
Again, is it a "trojan" or a "virus"? Get your terms together.