or Connect

Posts by spinnerlys

Yeah, I think so too. I could partially solve it via rEFIt, a boot manager. I was able to install Windows, then the the Apple drivers and restart the machine. Then after installing an old copy of MacDrive I had to restart, and guess what, the computer got stuck again. It seems I have to pack this machine and get to a genius bar...
I would advise you the same about backing up or cloning your hard drive. But I recommend the "Erase and Install" option. At first I did an Leopard upgrade on an 3-week old system, it was more than okay. But yesterday I tried a clean Install, and the boot time is up to 20-30 seconds on an iMac C2D, and under a minuter on my old iBook G4 1 GHz. And it's snappier than before. My 2 oere.
Okay. I tried it again with another CD, but the Mac didn't boot from it. It was readable and bootable via VMware Fusion, and the Mac Boot Menu could at least detect the CD as a Windows CD, but after selecting it, it was just grey nothingness again. Should I try another Windows CD, or is there some kind of Boot Menu Reset (while restarting, "kextcache" was running high, and short before closing Mac OS, a monolog appeared informing me, that the Boot Cache will be reset,...
I'll try to get another disc. I already copied the one I have (from which the first install about 50 days ago went more than fine). And unfortunately I have an Leopard Upgrade DVD. It came through the Up-to-Date programme, because I bought the machine before Leopard was released. And during the new installation process I run Disk Utility form the DVD, erased both partitions and made one out of it. After that I wasn't allowed to do a clean install without a...
Hello. I had trouble getting into my Bot Camp "Windows" partition via restarting (the boot manager could detect Windows (by pressing Option/Alt), but wouldn't start from it and just hang itself) or even VMware fusion (trial). So I thought I could reinstall it. It's Windows, it likes to be installed on and off again. So I started Boot Camp Assistant, deleted the partition with Windows, created a new smaller one, and restarted with the WinXP install CD, as...
Problem solved. I hit the right side of the iMac a little bit right after inserting the CD. After that the CD stuck in the drive. But when ejecting the disk, it sound as if the CD pushes against the lids or something from the inside. A reboot didn't help. Maybe the CD/DVD drive is worn out now. Maybe they only have a life span of 500 CDs or so. Who knows.
Hello. After encoding 2-300 audio CDs in the last week, my iMac won't accept any new CD/DVD I want to give it. It ejects the media right after being inserted. Is there some kind of reset (like PRAM) I could do, or is the drive just broken after so many CDs? Thanks for any input...
I had the same problem with a Mighty Mouse on an Alu 20" iMac. I solved the problem by getting a mouse pad with a non-reflective surface (it's some kind of textile). Since then I haven't encountered anymore jumps to my hot corners. Hope that helps.
http://www.collectorz.com/movie/video_library.php
Hello. After playing for a while with Google Earth I got quite accustomed to its "grabbing" style of moving around the globe. That was especially strange when using Safari or the Finder. I was grabbing instead of scrolling. So my question is: Is there a possibility to have this grabbing feature in OS X, even when it might no be as productive like on the iPhone or in Google Earth? Thanks for any input...