or Connect

Posts by Socrates

I am not a fan of PCs. My experience with my Mum's Vaio was a singularly unpleasant one, and it is with little hesitation that I would declare them to be universally inferior in terms of user experience to any Mac since the classic. It used to be the case however that the high end PowerBook would wipe the floor with any PC notebook in terms of performance too - even Mac naysayers would admit that the Mac won out on performance if nothing else. I believe the 500Mhz Pismo...
Any idea why Apple has dropped the IrDA port from the new 'ivory' TiBooks? I presume they are intending to replace the technology withh the arguably superior Bluetooth standard, but a) Bluetooth is still not yet very well represented in the field of portable electronic devices - certainly not as well as IrDA, and b) Bluetooth still does not come built into Macs either which leaves your only option to be the rather fragile looking USB transceiver - not an elegant solution,...
[quote] SO you mean that even if i actually BUY those CDs, i cannot put them into my iPod?
Don't be so shocked - these things are not CDs, they are "audio disks" that just happen to be compatible with most hi-fi equiptment. You might as well complain because the DVD movie you bought won't play in your CD-ROM drive; "well it looks like a CD...". Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of these travesties of technology, or of Apple's policy of not paying for...