or Connect

Posts by Socrates

You don't seem like a regular troll so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain this in simple terms. Yes, a proportion of the people here have a near-religious devotion to Apple and Apple products and won't even consider anything by another company. That's what you'd expect to find on an Apple forum. Go to an Android forum and you'll find the same feelings for Google products. Go to a Windows Phone 7 and you'll find the same feelings for Microsoft. But the...
Not that I'm lending any credence to the iPad 3 rumour, but as of iOS 4.2, the SDK already supports retina displays on iPhone and iPad. To support retina graphics on the iPhone, pretty much all you have to do is add images named something@2x.png to the app, so that's probably all you'd need to do on iPad 3 as well, and in fact some of Apple's own iPad apps already have such images embedded in them, which was one of the reasons the retina iPad rumour started in the first...
That is a useful tip, but you are confusing accents and apostrophes. The little symbols above and below letters (ü, ç, etc) are called accents. Apostrophes are placeholders for skipped letters, (you're, it's) and modifiers for the possessive form of nouns (Bob's computer, Susan's dog).Currently iOS has some handy auto insertion rules for apostrophes, but for cases where you need to type them manually, you have to switch to another page on the keyboard which is a pain, even...
That's the most ridiculous FUD I've ever read. I have iPhone apps that haven't been updated in three years and still run perfectly well on my iPhone 4 (and on my iPad, in windowed mode).Most newly released iOS games will still work on the three-year-old iPhone 3G, and if they don't it's only because they require graphics hardware features like shaders that didn't exist back then.By comparison, many new Android games won't even run on half of current generation of devices,...
Hmm... well it involves running around shooting people and stealing cars, it's developed by Rockstar and it has GTA in the title, so how do you figure?Perhaps it's not a real GTA game because then it wouldn't fit it with your world view?You might want to read up on the no true Scotsman fallacy.Between GTA, Dead Space, Nova, Call of Duty, etc I think Apple have demonstrated that they aren't afraid to have violent, bloody games on the platform. Now do you or tjw actually...
You mean like the Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars port already on the iPhone and iPad?http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand...386183589?mt=8Yeah, Apple would never allow that
My comment was speculation. Maybe Apple is planning on building this, but if you check the last dozen times where AppleInsider posted a story of the formApple files patent for [quirky new way of interacting with hardware and/or crazy-looking futuristic peripheral] It never amounted to anything.
Apple have no intention of building these things - that isn't why modern tech companies file patents. The only reason why Apple have patented this is so that they have a little bit more leverage against other companies in future legal battles over IP. Patents are bankable currency in today's world. The more you have, the safer you are and the more weight you can throw around. Without a large patent portfolio you don't have a prayer of bringing a tech product to market...
More like "As L33t Hackz0rs who don't believe in paying or charging for software, our income depends on selling our beard hair and whatever we can find in our mom's basement, so we can't afford the Apple developer licence fees needed to submit it to the app store."
I guess you didn't get the joke