or Connect

Posts by ruel24

$99 a year??? Who are they kidding with that price? No thanks...  
I think it's clear that the market doesn't have faith in Cook. He just lacks charisma and Apple hasn't had a blowout product announcement in a long time.
Sad thing is Ballmer just might lose his job and someone might actually get in there and turn the tide. Let's hope not...
I can see why someone would want something like this. Fist, the controls are very familiar to Xbox junkies and second, Android games are a couple of bucks each compared to the $20-50 they want for other platforms.
  First of all, no, you're wrong. What I point out is that they charge more for an upgrade of a mere 8GB for what I can buy 32 GB for, which is a huge difference in price, and they pay a lot less than I would. It costs $40 for an 8GB stick of high quality memory these dasys. Those processor prices are real prices - Core i7 3770 at Microcenter is $259 and the Core i5 $149. They surely pay less than that in quantity, despite Intel's "official" price list. So, nearly 100%...
I find it frustrating what Apple charges you for upgrades! $200 on an iMac to go from 8GB to 16GB? I can purchase a complete set of 4 fast top of the line Corsair CAS 9 modules making a total of 32GB for less than the price of getting 8GB in upgrade from Apple. This is ridiculous! And now they've made the iMacs where you can't even upgrade the memory yourself? $200 to upgrade to the Core i7??? I can buy that processor outright off the shelf for $259... This is gouging!...
NOT HAPPY! Coverflow? Am I missing something? Interface is confusing - something completely not Apple.
I think it's several factors, including a feeling in the market that Apple's best days are behind them. There is a sentiment, particularly with the lack of innovation coming from Apple, and the poor launch of the new maps app, that Apple isn't the same company that it was under Jobs before cancer began to limit his involvement. Cook simply lacks charisma...  
I have shown the preview to a few people, and every one of them said the same thing: "It's time to take a hard look at the Mac."
  Except that Apple didn't drop the prices of their merchandise because they started making them in China. It's a fallacy that prices rise because they move back to our country. It's more complex than that. They attempt to raise the price, but it won't necessarily stick when there is competition on Android for less money. They simply make the product there because 1.) they can 2.) its more profitable 3.) existing manufacturing facilities ensure quick time to market 4.)...