or Connect

Posts by ruel24

And that's exactly what happened to Detroit. Prior to 1973, there was a healthy competititive spirit in Detroit. There was innovation. Then, it's like all 4 companies decided they no longer had to try. They put a facelift on the same technology, only to watch imports improve to the point they finally had to do something. But, it was too late. Imports already gained enough momentum that they couldn't be stopped. It was a train wreck in slow motion. Part of it was unforeseen...
No, good pay for ALL workers. They do the same job, they get the same pay. It's up to management to get poorer performing workers to work harder. It's not the union's job. Choke the company? Buahahaha! It's called negotiations. It's the job of companies to negotiate contracts. They negotiate contracts will all sorts of parties, from supply chains to distribution chains, to retail outlets. If they can't negotiate a favorable contract with a group run by uneducated line...
When did it become the UAW's job to solve GM, Ford, and Chrysler's problems? The job of the UAW is to obtain fair wages and benefits, as well as fair and ethical treatment of the member employees. That's it. When you can point out a company where pay raises and promotions was actually based on merit and performance, then I'll believe it. Instead, it's who you know and who's bottom you blow smoke up. I've yet to work for a company that people got ahead purely on merit and...
amen!
Funny that Germany is ripe with unions, and yet they're very successful. Besides, you're completely wrong.
Are you serious? What industries? The auto industry? You mean, it wasn't the bean counters that decided a $0.10 part on a Ford Pinto was too expensive and led to deadly results? You mean it wasn't the poor engineering that went into those cars like the Pinto, Vega, Monza, and just about every other model? You mean it wasn't the inept management that didn't understand why people preferred Toyotas and Hondas? You mean it wasn't the designers who gave us forgettable designs?...
Well, let me be the first to enlighten you... Their called trade unions and this is how they make companies more competitive: First, let me put things in perspective. Construction is an industry where companies are limited by their own capacity to man work and get bonding for the financial part. The second part isn't what I'm focusing on, but the first is. You see, if a job comes up that will require 100 men to man the work, and you only have 30 on staff, where are you...
But, he does have a point that if there is a smaller sample, there is a more likely chance there is error, and thus possibly a smaller, yet erroneous, number.
I just want to know why someone would take a company so successful, that has used this formula to pull out of such a trench in the marketplace to rise to the biggest company in the world in market capitalization, and change it? Why change what isn't broken? Alan Mulally once said that the problem with most CEOs is that they're driving by the shareholders instead of the product. If you have the product, you have the sales, you have the revenue, you have the profits, and...
To be fair, I think a couple of years back, the artists went after more royalties from digital sales, because they were getting smaller royalties for it. I believe it was denied. Artists get a pittance from the record company for sales, unless they're a major act with a special deal. I'm sure The Who was one of those acts that got a special deal, but that probably only applied to the pre-digital era, and they probably got shafted when the age of digital downloads came. I'm...