or Connect

Posts by ruel24

Part of Mac Pro's problems is the lack of support behind it. Look at it this way: They lag on upgrading the hardware, they make little effort to promote the use of the Mac Pro in industries that are ripe for it, and there just is no mojo behind the product due to a lack of development. Get behind the Mac Pro line like they do the iPhone and watch sales climb. I'm not saying they'll be shipping millions of them per quarter, but, in time, traditional industries that prefer...
No, I wouldn't. Carbon fiber, as we call it, is actually a composite. It's not pure carbon fiber. It's mixed with fiberglas and or Kevlar, sometimes, and plastic resins. The product is actually considered "carbon fiber reinforced plastic". Recycling of the carbon fiber, itself, is possible, but not very plausible. Aluminum recycling is a very much an everyday affair that's inexpensive and practically indefinite for the resource. That makes the use of aluminum much more...
First, I don't doubt the Apple won't be using carbon fiber due to the expense, and since it's a man made material, it doesn't jive with Apple's green initiative, either. However, you're referring to the look of raw carbon fiber. Carbon fiber can be covered in paint as well as other treatments, such as dying the resin. A touch of carbon fiber looks good. Too much of it looks like a dog's arse, I agree.
And why do you say carbon fiber is a dead end in computers? It's just another material.
I see the Macbook Pro getting thinner just based upon using only SSD's and without optical drives. I would think that would significantly slim the form of it, and possibly even further by strategically locating things inside and a nice sweet tapered design. I seriously doubt they'll just make bigger Macbook Airs. With the ever decreasing prices of SSD's, I'd expect to see this product next year, when they expect the SSD retail market to close to $1.00 per GB. 256GB SSD...
Enter the ROM market... Cyanogenmod is undoubtedly working on an update to the Xoom. However, it still doesn't make up for crappy hardware to begin with. Whoever came up with this Apple = evil, Google = good crap? People trust a company that snooped on people's wifi as they drove through their neighborhood taking pictures? What did wifi have to do with taking pictures in the first place? Apple protects its users. That's what people are afraid of? The App Store isn't full...
The Xoom failed because of many reasons: First was the whole no wi-fi option, but you could spend $800 and get one from Verizon and be forced to purchase a 1 month subscription to 3G service when it launched, if you really wanted a wi-fi only tablet. It had a dim, crappy screen, and a cheep feel to it. Honeycomb was and still is a crude OS. There are still very few apps that aren't upconverted from the phone. Motorola had the audacity to charge more for a Xoom than an iPad...
FAIL! Buahahahahahaha!
This seems strange and hypocritical of a man that advocated "green". The AMG SL55 and SL63 are both gas hogs... I could see Jobs driving a Prius, instead.
Just keep in mind that Apple has done this with a single phone. Samsung has how many smartphones out there? This is part of the reason Apple is so profitable at it. One product fits so many people's needs, yet Samsung has to have multiple phones out there to make as big of a dent. Also, keep in mind that Apple just got onboard with Sprint. I'm sure that'll kick in next quarter. iPhone 4S is a big hit, and only the the number of people that held off because of the delayed...