or Connect

Posts by ruel24

Exactly. I really considered getting my girlfriend an iPad, because all she ever really does could be done on one, but she plays a lot of those Facebook games (despite my trying to reason with her why not to) and they're in Flash. So, it's a no-go, for now, until those things become HTML-5 based.
I agree that netbooks, themselves, have contributed to their demise. They've long been underpowered, and cries for more powerful systems at reasonable prices have mostly fallen on deaf ears. Then, they run either XP or Win 7 Starter which is not truly optimized for such low powered machines. Then there is the issue of the crappy hardware... iPad is solid built, designed with purpose from the ground up, and plenty zippy. There is an expectation of quality from an Apple...
I doubt he would have. I think running Apple is something sentimental to him. It's also revenge for kicking him out in the first place...
That statement isn't completely true. It depends on where you live as to your signal. I was on a job in Mt. Vernon, IN and I had absolutely no signal in some areas and a weak one in other areas on my Verizon network. A friend had an iPhone and had a full line of bars and no trouble watching videos or anything. Just because Verizon's map looks a little more impressive doesn't mean you're better off where you live. I live in a fairly large market in Cincinnati, and get good...
There are definitely some benefits to the Android, but I'm really not liking any of the MotoBlur and Sense crap. Every Android phone I pick up has a hesitation from when you touch the screen to when something happens. I know you can remove or cut down MotoBlur, but this just feels cheep. Second, I don't trust the wireless carrier at all, and don't like my phone being at the mercy of them or Motorola/HTC. It just makes sense for them to keep you buying phones and Android...
Apple would have a huge problem on their hands with Apple Records, if I'm not mistaken. Isn't their agreement intact where Apple is not allowed to enter into the music business? Sony's music division would create quite a headache for them.
I have Verizon service, and it's a good service, but a slimeball company, IMO. They are the Comcast of wireless service.
Wonder when the board is going to figure out that Ballmer is an embarrassment?
+1 Exactly! The current patent system is horrible...
HP may have grown to be the largest PC maker in the US, but they went from being one of the best PC's to own, to one of the most problematic and with very poor service. In 2010, HP had a malfunction rate of 16% in the laptop market within 2 years of purchase, and a 3 year projected failure rate at 26%. That's horrible! So, 1 in 4 HP laptops will fail within 3 years...