or Connect

Posts by ruel24

Hardware isn't everything. First, most of their phones aren't that spectacular in the hardware department. They use the age old method of "X.X Gigahertz Processor!" and push other things that distract the buyer from the facts like cheap touchscreen that's not very responsive. not a iPod device, app store sucks, skinned interfaces lack consistency and slow the phone down... The iPhone is a complete experience. It's an iPod, a phone, and does apps. It has a great app...
I don't think you can really blame them. What I see is this: The record companies have pushed to keep the royalties where they've been for quite some time, which is a paltry amount compared to the share the record companies get. However, because distribution is so much cheaper digitally, the record companies are getting more of the profits. The Beatles still sell very well after all these years. I'm sure it's a matter of how much Apple Corps. is getting from the record...
And that makes him better than the next guy? Please!
He puts his pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.
The single one thing I wish they'd fix, they haven't. I hate how the headphones plug into the bottom of the iPod Touch. This is so backward.
I think this makes it evidently clear that Apple's more closed and scrutinized app store model is much better than something so wide open.
What you seem to be missing is that the desktop is not dead for professionals. That's who would want these monitors. How many people are supplementing their iMac with one? Few. However, users of Mac Pro systems will be buying these. Those are professionals that need lots of work space and often multiple monitors. Honestly, I lament the push-out of the 16x10 aspect ratio. I would think video professionals would rather work with a 16x10 monitor to get the video as large as...
I'm sure this is just a matter of Apple taking time to sort out the exact model of it. They probably want to restrict what private details the publishers can get from the consumer, the roll of advertising in the subscriptions (who wants a subscription full of ads?), etc.
Why blame Intel? They couldn't use Via or or NEC controllers to implement it? Motherboards from Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, and others have had USB 3.0 on them for awhile now.
No one says they're completely ignoring it, nor are they abandoning it. The fact is that the iPhone is a halo product which gathers most of the press and public hype. The Mac does not. Apple once pushed technology in its Mac lineup. Now because there isn't a plethora of USB 3.0 devices is a reason not to equip them with it? There are plenty of devices already out there, and most motherboard manufacturers have already included the technology quite some time ago on their...