or Connect

Posts by ruel24

All of them, now, are in the US. The original iPhone release wasn't. When they changed, the iPhone got cheaper, but the price of the service went up $10 a month on AT&T. I don't know what Rogers or any other carrier outside the US does. They may not subsidize?
+1 I think the Macbook Pro is due for a refresh, too. I sure hope with the success of the iPod/iPhone/iPad line that Apple doesn't forget the Mac along the way.
Doesn't a simple coating on the pieces in question fix the problem? They need to fix it and recall the ones that are already out in the wild. Steve's obsession for denouncing any limitations or flaws in Apple's products is growing old...
You do understand that subsidized/unsubsidized - you still pay the same in the end, don't you? You're essentially making monthly payments on the phone when it's subsidized.I'm with you. I have Verizon and I'm happy with the service. I tried a Motorola Droid in the store and just was appalled by the crappy quality of the phone. The touchscreen was junk, the phone felt cheap, and Android wasn't near as responsive as my iPod Touch. I'll wait and see what happens. My current...
It's interesting to see how loaded this site is with fanboys. Any mention of anything negative at all about Apple or his Steve-ness gets trounced upon. So much for honest, frank, and thoughtful discussion...
Really? I guess Xbox and all the Microsoft web cams, keyboards, mice, and other accessories don't count? FAIL...
Talk about splitting hairs... Seriously? The point I try to make is to make it the same piece of hardware sans phone and 3G capabilities. Yes, camera will allow Facetime. GPS could be a problem, I guess, without local maps or at least a fast connection. However, Tom Tom seems to have it working on iPod Touch with additional hardware to provide GPS chip... You really tried to pick it apart to make it look like an iPod Touch is the same thing, but the missing stuff is just...
Wrong... No GPS, no Gyroscope, no camera... It's NOT the iPhone minus the phone. Take out all the features that make the iPhone an actual phone and its 3G network chips, and call it an iPod Touch. Same apps work in either. Right now, some apps work in iPhone but not iPod Touch because they are not the same.
I agree... Make it an iPhone without the phone part. Wouldn't that just be simpler? I know it would make everyone that buys them happy.
I have been using Apple products since the days of the Apple II. I have owned Macs, PC's, and even build my own gaming rigs. I can tell you that Apple uses quality parts (and always has) and makes a quality product. People constantly try to compare their products to run of the mill garbage at Best Buy, but it's not in the same league. I build my own gaming rigs with Windows and they cost quite a bit to build. My current gaming rig is more expensive than a loaded up iMac,...