or Connect

Posts by ruel24

Before you blab off stupid crap, read what was posted. I never said anything about that. It's a well known fact that they went to Verizon first, but couldn't get the deal they wanted. I said that it's Apple's fault they LOCKED THEMSELVES INTO the exclusive deal with AT&T for so long. Had they done it on a shorter term, they could have opened the option of multiple carriers, and the Droid may not have gotten quite so popular. However, it has, and the exclusive deal tying...
Hmmm... I don't believe so. Yes, they use much of the same parts, but better IPS screens, batteries that last longer, etc. Yes, some of the chips are the same, no doubt. However, just pick up an iPhone in one hand and any Android device in the other and just feel them. You can tell which one Apple made.
I'm pro Android for several reasons: First, competition. Competition breeds better products. I figure Android will take the low end, though, and Apple the high end. Apple would never be in a race for the bottom. Second, the complete freedom that Android enjoys will keep Apple at bay and not completely censoring everything "for our own good".I don't think it's 'DARK', but when we get into an arena of censorship and control, it can go wrong. Absolute power breeds absolute...
I take it that the 10% restocking fee is the issue? Otherwise, I see no case. There's nothing preventing any company from releasing a flawed product - not saying it truly is flawed - as long as the product doesn't physically harm anyone or financially set anyone back as a result of the flaw.
Android 2.2 has not been released at all. It's still in development. The Nexus One serves as a developer platform, and many users have installed Froyo (2.2) in development builds. Also, many users have rooted their HTC, Motorola, and Samsung devices and done the same. Android 2.1 is the latest officially released version of Android. However, many users of phones must wait quite a while before getting updates when the new release hits the streets. The phone manufacturer is...
Ok, I took the plunge. I updated my iPod Touch to 4.0, and it's very nice. I don't notice it to be any slower than it was before, which isn't slow at all. I have second gen iPod Touch. I love the new look of the UI, too.
Anyone upgrade the 2nd gen iPod Touch? Is it any slower? Issues?
Bingo! HTC, alone, makes a multitude of Droids. Why? Then, when the new OS comes out, it could take months, even years, before the hardware manufacturer allows your phone to upgrade because the hardware is so splintered. It's goofy... All the OS and software should come from one source: Google. Be warned, though: Unless Apple allows the iPhone to be carried by multiple carriers, Droid is going to spread like wildfire - especially since Verizon doesn't have it. People want...
My friend has the original Motorola Droid, and it's not bad. He refuses to use anything other than Verizon, so iPhone is out of the question. I've visited the Droid sites and pointed out that, just holding a Droid in your hand and an iPhone in the other, you can tell that the Droid is cheap. Man, I was just trounced upon by the Droid's fanboys! But, it's true. The iPhone is a quality piece, while the droid is as cheaply made as all the other phones made by Samsung and...
This is justification? Seriously, I have no idea why we let our companies ship manufacturing overseas. What does it serve us? The richest, most powerful countries in the world tend to be those heaviest in manufacturing. It was the US prior to the 1980's, then Japan, now China. The US is living on China's dime, right now. How is this good? It also depletes our standard of living. Companies shop your wages against the cost shipping your job overseas to a sweatshop in a 3rd...