or Connect

Posts by ruel24

I won't get into politics here, but let's just say I don't believe in man-made climate change, and this makes me want to NOT buy anything Apple. I'm sure the "greenies" will love them, but I'm not a "greenie".
Yep, and most of them are utter crap, just like 95% of the PC world's keyboards, monitors... The days of quality peripherals and accessories have all but disappeared.
No, but they'll try and ram that number down your throat as to why they need to be able to throttle your connection, and why they need to increase your rates!
deleted
I can't speak for the mobile Core i7, but I have a tower that I built with a Core i7 920 processor with the X58 chipset, and I can tell you that the Core i7 line is significantly more responsive than the non-Core i7 quad cores, which were marginally better than the dual cores. The jump from a dual core to a Core i7 would be a significant speed improvement all around. I'm completely aware that some applications don't take advantage of the quad cores and actually have shown...
And you think that's acceptable because that's the way it is "in the real world"? No wonder CEO's and other corporate execs enjoy skyrocketing pay increases while the rest of the world is not moving in real earnings. I think people need to reset their thought processes...
Yes, the Core i7 mobile chips are out, now, and Apple is usually on the front of that curve. The plain fact of the matter is, that the market sees dual core as yesterday's technology. I think the masses are hungry for Core i7, and I also think the masses are hungry for an affordable tower based on a Core i7 and non-ECC memory and some solid desktop graphics like the GeForce 275GTX or better. If Apple could only deliver what the public wants...
Dual core? I think most users were hoping of Core i7 based machines...
Are you an IP lawyer? I didn't think so... So, are you so sure of that? I seem to remember reading about how similar thought processes got IBM and Microsoft in trouble in the past...
I liked Apple better when they were the little company that could. Now, they're quickly become something just as ugly as Microsoft, IMO.