or Connect

Posts by ruel24

If history has shown us anything, Apple has succeeded more when it has gone against the grain than when it has gone with the grain. When they came out with clones...failure. When they took everything back in-house and came back out with the all-in-one computer, the iMac, it sold like hotcakes compared to how well the Performas sold. I have no doubt about that. However, occasionally they're wrong. Apple stuck with the original Mac design well into the 1990's and its...
  You just can't admit you're wrong, can you? It's not getting to the crux of the argument. Comparing an entirely different platform that has only one size against another platform over if larger phones sell is not a proper comparison. If you stick with everything else being equal, such as the OS, then the larger phones sell better. The iPhone is a unique offering that cannot be included in the comparison. If and when Apple comes out with a larger iPhone it will sell more...
  That's comparing Apple's and oranges. If you compare Android phones, the Galaxy S4 is the biggest seller. Size does matter, to a point. Obviously the Note 3 isn't selling more than the S4. If Apple does come out with one larger and the current size, concurrently, you'll see the larger one outsell the current size. I guarantee it.
I'm very critical of Apple because my expectations hare high, after having seen what they are capable of for so long. However, I must say that Apple has always done 2 things well: They innovate new technology, and they take existing technologies and make them much better and much easier to use. Honestly, I don't like the look of much of iOS7. I don't like the neon saturated colors, particularly the blue that looks like the WinXP Luna theme has come back to haunt us some...
Wouldn't mind if they offered various voices you could buy on iTunes for Siri. Would be pretty cool for my phone to maybe have a female voice with a southern accent or maybe someone would like a Boston or New York accent - as long as we avoided goofy, cartoonish crap. I mean it would be totally un-cool to have Foghorn Leghorn for Siri...
  I do too. I'm pulling for Apple. However, I just feel like they were a company that stayed ahead of the curve, for so long, and now they live on the back side of the curve. Yeah, they make lots of money, but that doesn't impress me. Hell, I'm glad they do because I was there when it got so bad we really thought Apple wouldn't survive. However, Cook is no Jobs, and he just lacks vision, IMO. He seems more interested in milking the cow than breeding it to make more cows.
  +1 I'm gonna reserve final judgement for the finished product, but so far, it looks like he needs to go back to hardware design.
Personally, all the white background with hyper-saturated foreground colors in iOS7 makes me wonder how readable it will be in sunlight. The combinations of glassy overlays and this white+neon colors looks rather disconjointed. I'll have to experience the final product at my Verizon showroom to make a final judgement, but I stand by that I don't like what I see so far. The lock screen looks stolen right from Samsung, glassy overlays a la KDE 4.11 Air theme, and other...
Personally, that highly saturated blue they're using reminds me too much of WindowsXP.
  I made your watch list, huh? Hey, I call it how I see it. I use Apple products, but they weren't divinely sent from heaven to Steve Jobs in a dream and perfected for our very consumption. Apple is like any other company that happens to make some great products. I've been an Apple user since 1982, so don't tell me about Apple. I used Apple II's when they were the computer to have and when they weren't any longer. I used Macs when Apple nearly went extinct. I knew...