or Connect

Posts by ruel24

Not entirely. The other comment I find most often as to why Android users choose it over iPhone is customizability. You can swap just about everything out from the keyboard to the widgets and icons. Many people like that personalization they can do.
1/100th? I bet if they do introduce a larger iPhone, it'll cannabalize at least 20% of the current iPhone market, let alone attract another 10's of millions of users. It won't take lawsuits. It just takes a better product that appeals to the most people it possibly can, at a price that satisfies the market. Easy enough, wouldn't you say? Like I said, iPod did it, and it did it with multiple variations - iPod Classic, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle. Something for...
Buahahaha... A niche product is one that doesn't have universal appeal. Last I looked, even though Windows 8 is a bust, it still has nearly 90% of the market, making the Mac a niche product. Apple has been, currently is, and will continue to chase niches. It's not that the products are bad. To the contrary... But some of you Johnny-come-lately to Apple people just seem to think this company is some magical entity that makes the worlds greatest everything and knows better...
Just like they did with the new maps? Just like they did with Siri? Siri was a better product that did a lot more before Apple bought it.   Apple has had a habit of making marketwide changes because their product is absolute. When the PC world was hesitant to adopt USB, the Mac went 100% USB across the board, obsoleting the ADB, and forced hardware makers to make USB products, as a result. The result is that the PC world got widespread USB adoption. When they moved from...
So, I guess you do? Where do you people come from? Apple has never done anything with the idea that it'll be anything other than a better product than the competition. Apple supplemented the Mac with the iPod. It was a runaway success they didn't imagine would happen. They simply built a better mousetrap, which is what they've always done. They never saw the iPod taking away the market from the competition. They never saw it as a massively appealing device from the day...
Like I stated earlier, I don't see why they can't take a similar approach they took with the iPod. Imagine that if they continued to offer the current model size, you'd probably have a little bit of cannibalization by adding a larger screen version, but you might steal 1/3 to 1/2 the competition's market from them, adding to Apple's marketshare. Why wouldn't you want to go for this? Why wouldn't you want a range of phones that could potentially put Android out of...
What pains me is why Apple wasn't the FIRST to offer multiple sized iPhones? It used that very strategy with the iPod and it ran just about everyone else out of business. So why not the iPhone? Why can't I have a nice sized screen on an iPhone? Surely there is a HUGE market, being the Samsung Galaxy S3 has sold in massive numbers. As a matter of fact, most Android owners claim the iPhone's small size turned them OFF...
Chasing niches is what they did most of their corporate career. Oh, wait... You must be a NEW Apple user. I've been using Apple products since 1982. The Mac was nothing but a niche product, and pretty much still is, though it's a great product none the less.
There's a bigger display, and there is ridiculous. A nice sized screen that more easily readable would be nice. Having a phablet next to my ear is just dumb. The iphone could grow just a little bit and still be very sleek and usable.
Nope. I'm considering it too. I had high hopes for the iPhone 5, but was disappointed that it wasn't a bigger screen. My old eyes can't see so good, these days, and I'm not whipping out reading glasses evertytime I have to look at my phone. My iPhone is becoming harder to read for me. It's a shame, because I really, really love my iPhone. I just need something with a bigger, more easily read screen.