or Connect

Posts by addabox

Hi!  Just had to make a rare reappearance to congratulate the sleepless insomnia thread for wandering, disoriented, into 2014.  I trust I'll be making a similar yearly post for the rest of time.  I also like the fact that the thread has settled into a comfortable rhythm of being the exclusive provenance of people who are registering just to make a single, anecdotal post, complete with trolls who are registering just to give voice to their bile, once.   I realize that...
  Big phones, phablets & tablets account for just 10% of Android's installed base
So, including the Galaxy 2, original Note and Nexus, Samsung is currently offering mobile devices with the following screen sizes: 4.52", 4.65", 4.8", 5.3", 5.5", 5.8", 6.3", 7", 7.7", 8", 10.1", and 11.6". Jeez, Samsung, what if I want a 5" device? And God help me if I want 9", I'm a full inch away from my nearest option. I don't think their innovation will be done till I can buy a Samsung product in any decimal point size between 4 and 12 inches. Because choice!
    The term is creeping into random product descriptions via hipster bike enthusiasts, who have been talking about their rides "colorways" for a while now.   I'll bet you dollars to donuts that whoever is using this term at AI picked up from there, and thinks it sounds cool.  
  Very interesting, and the design does appear to be pretty much what Apple is patenting.  Did they buy the rights?  
This would solve at least some of the drawbacks of using an iPhone as a remote for Apple TV.
Going to have to work on that reading comprehension.  Or possibly just literacy, since you don't appear to have read my post.   If Apple is "first to mass market" with a smart watch, why would that be?  Why isn't a Samsung or LG or Sony watch already there?  Samsung, for one, certainly doesn't lack for mind share or advertising dollars or drive, so you can't claim that Apple would somehow push a watch on an indifferent populace through those means.     Again,...
And as per my earlier post, none of those devices sell in numbers to qualify them as anything but curiosities.   The question isn't whether any sort of smart watch exists-- of course they do.  The question is how do you make a smart watch that anyone would want to own, in numbers that qualify for mainstream status.  I have no idea if Apple plans a smart watch, and if they release such a thing if it will be popular.   But I am sure that if they do and it is,...
Of course everyone has a watch "in development."  Every big tech player with sufficient R&D funds have all kinds of things in development. Most of them will never see the light of day.   What I think is happening now is that rumors of an Apple device have motivated said players to let it be known that they've been working on stuff, so that if Apple does in fact release an iWatch, they can quickly move get something on the market to prevent another Apple smash hit or...
Although the original THX theater certification really did mean something, and was implemented at a time when theater sound was hit or miss, with mostly misses.   That was at a time when Lucas (and Coppola) were advancing the state of the art by creating elaborate, multichannel soundtracks (and creating the job title of "sound designer") but there were few venues that could do justice to what they were creating.  Dolby "stereo" (actually four track) was the de facto...