or Connect

Posts by addabox

Fair enough, you certainly are entitled to your preferences.My guess is that the next iPhone will have a somewhat larger screen without having a much larger case, because Apple has strong feelings about what works best for one-handed operation and mobility. They'll probably rework the case design in general just because they do that from time to time.I think anyone waiting for some kind of eye-popping rethink of iOS is in for a long wait, however. Android has changed a...
I guess that's why the bottom has dropped out of HTC's profits. No doubt this phone will completely turn things around. I admit I'm bemused by the people who are always explaining to us stupid fanboys why Apple "must" do this or that. Or what? Continue to make all the money while the extra amazing spec kings go out of business? An HTC fan, at this point, is like an Apple enthusiast during the very worst of Apple's darkest days, exclaiming over the latest Performa...
But again, why go out of your way to make it an Air vs. Ultrabook thing? In effect they're saying "Don't buy this machine with our chips in it, buy these ones over here!" I would think that growing Air sales plus increased Ultrabook sales would be what Intel wanted. Unless they know something we don't, talking this way just makes them seem pointlessly dickish.Yeah, tablets are going to be a problem.
Agreed. It looks like they make a decision to focus and differentiate, and it looks like they've done a pretty nice job of that. The question is whether or not we've already passed a tipping point where "Samsung = Android" in the mind of the average buyer. Or maybe more accurately "Galaxy = Android." That's the problem with being an Android licensee, there's only so much you can do to make yourself stand out. Samsung has the money to advertise heavily, HTC does not. At...
Except that Intel already provides the chips for a thin, light laptop like the Air-- the Air itself. Now I can see them trying to goose PC sales by encouraging manufacturers to adopt form factors that Intel figures might generate some excitement, since the manufacturers themselves seem amazingly immune to this concept. And clearly the Air has some buzz, so even though it mean transferring technology form one customer to another and offering a discount, which strikes me...
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Samsung is going to become the de facto Android handset manufacturer. Google's only hardware partner that matters. LG is losing money, Sony is irrelevant, HTC was hanging in there but the trend is bad, Moto will make low selling reference handsets for Google's pointless efforts to take control back of their platform. Samsung will feel they have earned the right to treat Android as their own, modifying as they see fit, and...
Put down the Skittles and step back from the keyboard.
Possibly, but who drove the design spec? It's not like Intel came to Apple saying "we'd like to make a chipset for an extremely lightweight, extremely thin laptop with great battery life and a solid state drive. Would you care to design a case for something like that?" Apple wanted to make the Air, and tasked Intel with making something that would hit Apple's desired parameters. At the time, as you may recall, the Air was dismissed as a niche machine, a typical example...
"What'cha doing dad?" "Oh, just trolling an internet forum like a 12 year old." "Why" "Because I think it's funny to get people irritated and see if they lose their shit." "I wish I had a grownup dad."
Here's an example of how far Sony has fallen-- the mighty Sony TCD5M: Best portable analog cassette deck ever made. Beloved of journalists and sound recordists alike. Bullet proof. Extracted the best possible sound out of a pretty marginal format. Nothing proprietary. Laid out precisely and logically. Extraordinarily high levels of fit and finish. Exactly what it needed and nothing else. A joy to use. This is the kind of thing that inspired Jobs (and I'll wager...