or Connect

Posts by addabox

Good point. If I recall correctly, the argument had to do with the density of related manufacturing capacity-- that the giant screw and nut guys down the street could spin up to make tens of millions of special order fasteners in a few days.Does Brazil have anything like that? Is the new Foxconn plant located in a manufacturing district that gives them similar access to parts? If not, it would appear that that particular line of reasoning would be specious (although...
I take the patent application art as proof that Jobs intended to be reincarnated as some kind of beach slacker with terrifying prosthetics.
Except that Apple has, in fact, completely transformed a number of markets with the iPod, iPhone and iPad (anyone arguing otherwise at this point is just fucking around) while Samsung has undeniably imitated Apple with a number of products. Now tell me that it's all about rounded rectangles, because I like my stupid bland and lazy.
If you're going to troll could you at least come up with something a little more original? "Apple didn't invent anything" is a bit played out.
Well, there's going to be two kinds of people clicking on the store: people who already know what they want and people who are browsing. The latter are likely to go to the store to see what's on offer and how much it costs. For them, a click on a product gives them some possibly helpful info on why it's cool, what it can do, education pricing, Apple Care, accessories, etc, plus the base price. That's exactly the kind of stuff I would want to see if I were browsing, and...
I reckon it's for people who are browsing, so they can front load some info/advertising. Like a point of sale display in a brick and mortar operation. For people who already know what they want it's not too much of a burden to click through, is it? I mean, it's not like I'm buying a Mac three time a day every day, or anything.
Dear Sony: 1--Eliminate 80% of your product offerings. You make so many different things, and so many iterations of each of those things, that I doubt even you have a firm handle on all of them. Make a half a dozen versions each of TVs and computers, make a couple of tablets and a couple of phones. You don't need 900 variants of earbud and headphones, obscure niche devices like your bizarre track record with e-readers/vegetable slicers, shitty boom boxes, random...
Classic confirmation bias. There are currently 50 articles on AI's homepage. Of those, just a handful even mention any company but Apple, and of the ones that do the majority are about litigation or market share, which are topics that materially affect Apple. For instance, there's an article on the investigation into Motorola's effort to use FRAND patents to sue Apple, which is a perfectly reasonable topic for an Apple-centric site to report on. I also see an article...
It's been evident for a while that Samsung's success in putting Android on their handsets has convinced them that they're the rightful heirs to Sony and Apple. As such, they won't be content to just sit back and act as a profit conduit for Google. I expect there will be further announcements from Samsung around their in-house services, and that at least some of those will undercut their relationship to Google. From the way they carry on (and their somewhat problematic...
I bet there's an awesome Samsung site that you could excitedly discuss your satisfaction with fellow Galaxy enthusiasts.