or Connect

Posts by addabox

You do know that there are parental restrictions available on iOS and within iTunes, right? That you can set an allowance, restrict content, block it altogether, etc. In fact, iOS has probably the most robust parental controls of any mobile OS.It seems weird to blame the operating system for having an abundance of desirable content, especially when it's easy to set limits. Then again, it's you, so......
If a teen and/or their parent can't afford an extra $50-$100 to get a current iPhone, how are they going to afford $70-$100 a month for a voice and data plan?
Sure, but Jobs was also an extremely cagey businessperson. He never did any yanking without a pretty good plan B. At the moment, I think Intel knows there really isn't a plan B ready to go, so Apple's stuck for the time being.Perhaps it's hubris that makes them think there will never be a plan B and they can afford to throw Apple under the bus without fear of reprisal. I think this is a mistake.At any rate, it's easy to see why Jobs was so obsessed with Apple being...
Ironically, any likely future hardware releases of the sort Intel is talking about most assuredly will not run "an OS that people have come to love over the years", in that Windows 8 is a pretty sharp break with the past. Particularly for devices that are supposed to be competing with the iPad we should expect Metro to be the main interface, meaning "an OS that you've never seen before."
Stop hijacking the goddamn thread with your FUD bullshit. IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS YOUR ENTIRELY UNSUBSTANTIATED THEORY THAT APPLE IS SUBVERTING WEB STANDARDS, START YOUR OWN THREAD.
If you want to discuss your theory that Apple wants to derail web standards, start a thread about it. This thread is about Motorola coming under European regulatory scrutiny because of their abuse of FRAND patents.
Like others I'm left to wonder if this kind of public announcement doesn't signal something Intel knows that we don't. Otherwise, why go out of your way to piss off a customer? What's happened is this: Apple goes Intel, Intel praises Apple and Apple's innovative designs, sort of suggesting PC parts assemblers might try to be innovative as well (Intel has a long history of mostly goofy "reference platforms" that attempt to goose just that). PC business goes to hell. In...
Why would Intel have a problem with "customers" moving to OS X? They're still customers. OS X runs on Intel silicon, remember?
And if and when any court takes that up I guess we can discuss it. As it is, upon being confronted with an article that might not be bad for Apple, you're obliged to spin a web of speculation so that you can make it so, that being your nature. Your "Apple probably joined the web standards consortium for nefarious purposes in the first place, just so they could derail standards" is particularly half-assed. Leaving aside the way that actually makes no sense, it's entirely...
In that case I wish even more they'd do a more straightforward, "This is why our phone is awesome" campaign. Getting snide right out of the gate doesn't seem like a best foot forward, selling quality-wise. Like someone mentioned, it's sort of reminiscent of the RIM "Amateur Hour is Over" fiasco. If you've been publicly fucking up for a while, maybe a little humility is in order. Like maybe Nokia isn't exactly in a position to act like everyone's been waiting for them to...