or Connect

Posts by addabox

As your earlier link points out, the average hack from this group has been a long term affair, effecting its data theft over months or years.  Given the high profile nature of the Facebook breach, doesn't it seem possible or likely that companies such as Apple are on the lookout for telltale signs and might have caught this early?  Thus giving the hackers little time to implement their standard procedures for siphoning off data?
As has been mentioned, talk of MS being slow to respond or a bit late to innovate or failing to capitalize on an early lead are wildly off the mark.  The fact is, the iPhone might have well as been a completely different product category from Windows phones of the day (or Palm, for that matter, despite claims from fans of same).   It wasn't a matter of just adopting touch screens, or making things somewhat easier to use, or reducing the number of buttons.  It was a...
I'm not following this.  Obviously, haptic systems are already on the market and there are some (such as those made by Sensable) that offer virtual haptics for manipulating 3D digital objects.   However, the Apple tech in question is exactly the "vibration gimmicks" you dismiss, that is, a specific implementation of a haptic system such that it provides better feedback on the touchscreen of  a phone or tablet sized device.    It would be a little like saying that if a...
In what sense are the cited analysts "insiders"?  They're the same people with terrible tracks records that repackage rumor and dubious "supply chain checks" that we've been hearing from forever, and they're almost never right.    They have to keep coming up with so-called analysis and guidance because that's what they're payed to do-- they're not allowed to fall silent just because they have no info.  So they go with the conventional wisdom, which amounts to little...
"Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition."   Good to see MS hasn't lost its knack for naming things like they were lab specimens. 
Welcome to 2013, endless unsleeping insomnia thread.  You are stardust.  You are golden.  You've got to get some sleep.
Anyway, here's what will happen if Apple brings forth a successful TV integration solution:  some of the same people posting on this thread will rush to remind us that Apple isn't doing anything new or innovative, since folks like Samsung already were offering what they called "smart TVs", despite that such products haven't really caught on because they pretty much suck.  It's enough that there's a preexisting category that an Apple product could be roughly assigned to....
  "Flexible 4K OLED"?  I think you might be kind of jumping the gun. I don't think Apple was planning on making a $15K novelty one off.
  Says the guy given to posting extravagant, endless Android apologia at an Apple site, complete with charts and graphs.  For you to talk about better use of anyone's energy is pretty funny.
  I was responding to the idea that Samsung isn't bothered by litigation, since that's an impression based the various trade-dress and patent battles being waged.  I don't think that has any bearing on their willingness to do things like brazenly breech manufacturing contracts as a market-share strategy, which would come under a lot more scrutiny (with potentially much heavier penalties) that even simple contract dispute (given the market share Samsung is currently...