or Connect

Posts by addabox

Apple ought to buy every employee a new car every year.  They certainly can afford it.  I mean, really, they make a shit-ton of money, why not new cars?  Hell, the convenience store I used to work for used to fly everyone down to Rio twice a year and paid for our hookers, so Apple looks cheap in comparison.  Apple.  Pffft.
You know, if you're going to dismiss other posters as "old farts resistant to change" you should probably try not to come off as a wheezing old shill handing out marketing slogans like a greasy carney barker.     1-- "Glance and go" at what?  The temperature?  The date?  A stock price?  This was the same line MS used for the rollout of the metro language Windows phone, and it notably went nowhere.  Why?  Because people aren't slaving away on their phones or tablets...
I doubt the retina MacBook Pro will achieve runaway success in its current iteration.  It's a beautiful machine, no doubt, but at over $2k entry level it's not a mainstream machine by any stretch of the imagination.   I think it will follow the trajectory of the Air-- introduced at a high price garnering respect if not stellar sales, followed by a much lower priced model that redefines the market and gets the competition cranking up their photo copiers.  At that...
It's hard to imagine Samsung giving up on their Apple aping ways though-- in that it seems to have worked out pretty well for them so far.  I mean, the Apple thing goes way beyond some handsets and tablets copying Apple's look and feel.  It's clear a decision was made to simply do as many things like Apple as possible-- packaging, advertising, product line, software services, general conceptual positioning, etc.  You really get the feeling they consider themselves to...
I like to think of this thread as a kind of mysterious confessional, where the sleepless and drug addled wander by every few years, completely unaware of the huge gaps between visits.  
  Color e-readers are, by design, devices of limited utility engineered to a price point.  No one buys a Nook, for instance, expecting to run some version of photo editing software, or as an adjunct to music production, or to have access to any kind of office productivity suite.     There's this odd way that "the tablet market" gets defined downward to conform to the original, uninformed prejudice against the iPad-- that "tablets" are media consumption devices, and any...
I'm curious about the Metro Office suite that's supposed to be ready for ARM tablets.  It's a further point of confusion-- there's Office, so it must be a Windows device, no?  But turns out Office will be the only "Windows App" available.  And in what form?  Some MS boosters have acted like all it takes is Microsoft to decide to put Office on an RT tablet to make it happen, but making touch equivalents of desktop apps is hard work. It's not enough to have touch...
    There's never been a time I can remember where any online mention of Apple in any context didn't pull a bunch of negative comments, so pointing to same as an indication of deteriorating public perceptions of Apple over any particular issue isn't very persuasive.  If it were an article on Apple curing cancer the comments would be full of angry jeering and approval of angry jeering.   Meanwhile, Apple has one of the best regarded brands in existence, has stellar...
  Hey, no offense Luca-- I know you from way back and you just happened to post when I was making a point.  Post more!
It's "Oh Superman" per se, so if they didn't license the use they'll be hearing from Ms. Anderson's lawyers.