or Connect

Posts by addabox

Seems like it's pretty early to cast judgement on the JCP makeover.  Remember, what Johnson has done in the past was all about "feel."  Target went from being a downmarket dump to a kind of a fun place to shop.  At least in my neck of the woods, they're typically clean, well laid out, with a pretty good selection of Target branded stuff or Target exclusives.  A combination of store design, branding, judicious selection of merchandise, decent pricing and (apparently)...
  Not that many posts over at Droid-Life, so it's pretty easy to check.  I couldn't find a single instance of "Apple fan boys" posting anything.   I didn't look at every single post to the beginning of the site, but certainly a cursory glance at the first few pages of the current topics didn't turn anything up. I don't think you could say the same thing of here.    What I did see was Android users having pleasant, civilized chats about their platform of choice without any...
  I'd love to be privy to the conversations within Apple regarding which technologies to bring in-house, which technologies to invest heavily in (either by locking up a given manufacturers supply or partnering to build out capacity or both) and which technologies to treat as commodities on the open market.  In-house gives you complete control but comes with a lot of ongoing costs that you don't want to take on if you can get good results by allowing your manufacturing...
  You're no longer a Mac user but you still monitor the message boards on a Mac enthusiast site for error?  What is it with you people?  I don't use Android; I literally cannot imagine posting on an Android site to "correct" their misapprehension regarding the superiority of their choice of OS.  I literally cannot imagine bothering to read Android sites (or Windows sites, for that matter) to make sure they aren't spreading "lies" about OS X or iOS.     Just think about it...
  Except in this case we would have to imagine a homeowner who kept ending up with innovative, awarding winning homes, built by a variety of architects but all sharing some fundamental ideas about design and utility-- more alike than not despite the various professionals employed.   In that case we would be forced to acknowledge that this particular homeowner was possessed of a powerful sensibility in his own right, sufficiently developed as to subsume the contributions...
  Rapid sales gains in phones and tablets have been a matter of signing up new adopters, to date.  That means most of the people buying these devices are likely to be at least somewhat impressed by them, in that they've never owned anything similar.   For phones, that means that even a worse than average Android handset is going to please, at first, if it can successfully get online, handle email, surf, text and playback media.  Ditto tablets, for now. But we're rapidly...
    If MS had bought the Nook outright, and announced plans to rapidly iterate the software into a Metro app with Nook based, stripped down Metro ebook readers to follow, then yeah.   As it is, not so much.  They'll have another (largely redundant) library of ebooks available on Win8 and.....?  It's just a 17% stake in the spun off Nook, not really jumping in with both feet, is it?  And nothing short of jumping in with both feet, with a really compelling ebook solution,...
    The new iPad was only available the last 2 weeks of the quarter and they managed to sell 11.8 millions iPads total.  +14 million with a full quarter of new iPad sales doesn't seem too tough. 
Oh right I meant there wasn't the dead giveaway spam link in the sig, like got mentioned for the earlier one-- I thought you might have zapped the sig link first and then took out the whole post, but it sounds like you had enough info to just take it out in the first place.
I usually do-- in this instance (like the one above) there wasn't any link (yet) although now that one is nuked, so maybe you got the link first?