or Connect

Posts by night9hawk

I think there's a rather large market out there for LimeWire on the iPhone, don't you?
It's on my mind a lot because every night, after I fall asleep, Hillary Clinton is sneaking into my bedroom and whispering into my ear that I should be afraid, VERY AFRAID, of what will happen if Mike Huckabee is elected president.
I'm afraid this war isn't anything close to WW II. The USA isn't deploying 14 million soldiers and running armament factories 24X7 to turn out enough planes, tanks and bullets. It's one of the reasons why the anti-war protests and sentiment hasn't really gained any traction nationally. It hasn't affected enough people enough to really get them mad enough to do something about it.
I don't particularly believe the report-there could be several reasons why they could be cutting back on orders from particular suppliers. But the share price of Apple stock has been wildly overinflated the past year or so and is finally coming back down to earth. Not a bad thing at all unless you're one of the people who bought in at $190 thinking it was going to go to $250 after this years MacWorld Keynote. Even a blind squirrel would have sense enough to skip that...
Several people posting here have remarked about the "assets" Yahoo has. Even Steve Jobs mentioned them in his motivational speech last fall. I don't think that Jobs & Co would have any trouble taking over and reshaping Yahoo if they really wanted to do it. When Jobs came back to Apple it was in a similar position-some good assets but getting it's rear kicked by the competition due to lack of focus. Look at how quickly Jobs cut things at Apple like the Newton, OpenDoc,...
How about rather than ordering on the way to the shop you walk into a restaurant, take a seat, whip out your iPhone/iPod Touch and get the menu with today's specials. You place your order via your handheld and the only time you need a human is when they carry your food or drink to the table. Oh, and you pay your bill at the end via your handheld.
I didn't get the feeling it was going to be as big of a launch as it was in the USA. I had my iPhone when I was in the UK and I thought I would elicit more questions and comments from people when I was out and about since I used the phone to take notes and pictures. (I'm not wealthy enough to try roaming with my US iPhone!) The only person who actually seemed interested in it was a man I met outside the Regent St. Apple store the last night I was in town. He expressed a...
You have to actually go to the Regent St. store to understand how BIG it is. The picture you're referring to is just showing the entrance to the store, not the area at the back of the store or the upstairs area. When I attended the Leopard launch there several weeks ago they had the same sort of crowd near the front of the store. The Leopard software was actually being sold upstairs and the queue for it was rather long. I was probably in the first 100 people to get into...
I have to say that the show they put on at the Regent St. store is somewhat embarrassing. I was there two weeks ago for the Leopard launch. They have a large group of sales associates at the the front cheering people as they walk into the store. It reminds me of some images I've seen of the way that certain cults act when new members join. I don't think I'll repeat the experience.