or Connect

Posts by asterion

Oh dear. We're getting dangerously close to proving Godwin's Law...
Honestly, I read stuff like this and a small part me dies... The sheer cognitive load that this iCloud Drive introduces is beyond excuse. I want Apple to go back to doing things that 'just work' — seamlessly. Like magic. Why are they trying to ape DropBox? We already have a DropBox. Producing a me-too product (or service) and then trying to bake it in to the OS and key apps... Well, that's the sort of thing I expect from Microsoft. Not Apple. If you're going to have a...
This is electronic data (ones and zeros) stored on one or more hard drives located in a specific geographic location — in this case, the Republic of Ireland. The idea of the data being "in the cloud" and therefore immune to geographic demarcation is bogus. The data is in a foreign country outside of the US jurisdiction.   The only way to get at this data should be through formal requests by the US to the Republic of Ireland authorities, as governed by international...
I like it. Feels authentic — and that's not easy to achieve in these cynical times...   A.
 Agree. 
 Wow. Hubris much?
Nice advert! Wouldn't buy one, but nice advert.
"Big Brother is copresent."Yes, Winston Smith would recognise our world... A.
It would be ironic if, with their foray into the Business sector with iOS, Apple ended up being the salvation of Microsoft!   A.
 ...to move like Balmer.