or Connect

Posts by asterion

#recession
I agree that the punitive value of this case is more important than the financial value. Either stealing intellectual property is wrong or it is open season. Large companies with deep pockets, like Samsung or Apple, could easily afford to steal IP if the cost was merely financial. Indeed, it might in some instances make financial sense. To prevent wholesale theft of intellectual property as this century progresses, the courts have to look to making such action a clear bad...
Patiently waiting for Apple's superior product offering in this space... And I think perhaps it's actually a good thing that Samsung have entered the market first, as then the design changes they make to ape Apple's designs will be obvious for all to see. As with the iPhone, we will be able to compare Samsung's "before Apple's iWatch" and "after Apple's iWatch" products. Should make the inevitable court case more straightforward... One can but dream!
This "pay the market research firm or suffer the consequences" does sound like a paying for protection... Don't you guys have racketeering laws?
Seems that IDC is establishing in the tablet market what cosmologists refer to as "dark matter". That is, something of which there is no physical evidence, but which needs to exist for the mathematical models they use to make sense and not be... er... embarrassingly inaccurate.
I've been using the Pulse daily for a number of months, and today arrived home to find... it was gone! The belt-clip-carry-case thingy is not fit for purpose, and the Pulse must've dropped out of the case sometime today... So... An expensive and disappointing waste of money. The rubber case wears and stretches with use, until eventually (as I've found to my cost) the Pulse makes a break for freedom. Ho-hum. I'm off to hassle the Withings customer support cretins to try...
Not sure how long it's been live, but if you visit the Apple Support article mentioned, at the bottom is states:Heh!
What will be funny is when, a couple of months after finally releasing MSOffice for iOS, they're forced to admit that they make more selling their iOS app than selling any of their Surface products!   I can't wait!
Sounds to me like a case of an analyst 'preparing the ground' for yet another "Apple is doomed!" headline. When Apple's presentation fails to include the exact elements that the analyst 'predicts', they can damn the company for its "poor management and lack of innovation". *sheesh!*
Rather than allowing third party apps access to the fingerprint sensor, why doesn't Apple branch into online payment facilitation — like PayPal. Perhaps iCloud Payments or simply iPay. Then Apple could leverage the huge number of registered iTunes accounts with credit cards that they have, and allow their customers to make secure online payments with their iPhone 5s.   Let's face it, Apple is more liquid than most banks at the moment!   A.