or Connect

Posts by TokyoJimu

It's not just "devices" that use NFC. I've been paying by NFC at McDonald's for years just using my NFC-equipped VISA card.
The U.S. Is (fashionably?) late to many soirées.
It's not clear if you have to pay for WiFi to use this, or if it's free for all passengers.
I don't think I've ever seen an NFC credit card terminal in China, so they have a long way to go.
If you use a MC- or VISA-branded debit card, is it processed as a debit or a credit transaction? Is there any way to select this?
No one has talked about its use as an HTPC (Home Theater PC). Is the new entry-level model sufficient for that do you (all) think?
"there's nothing that would stop you from buying a Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint device at the Apple Store and coming over and putting a T-Mobile SIM in it," Umm, except for the fact that AT&T iPhones are SIM-locked for the duration of your contract.
iOS 7 on my 4S meant six months of hell until they finally issued the 7.1 bugfix update. I think I'll wait to see what others think of this release.
Apple will confirm or deny all this on Sep. 9th? Funny, I can't recall Apple ever using their events to deny rumors.
 I agree. It seems to have gotten worse lately. Specifically, if I ask it a question about any famous figure, Siri tells me she can't find him/her in my contacts list. Also, any foreign sounding word seems to be a lose for Siri. I then try it on Google, and get much better question comprehension, though often inaccurate results.