or Connect

Posts by TokyoJimu

I can never get my mom to plug her phone into her laptop to back it up. She's so used to just plugging in a phone to AC to recharge it, she can never be bothered to do any more than that. Likewise, I discovered that my sister had not synced her iPad in many many months and it was still running a very old OS, never mind the fact that nothing had been backed up. But like others, I'd bet these same people will not set up Wi-Fi on their iPhones or even set up iCloud,...
Yes. Really. The iPhone is very popular among the blind.
No way. I used to use the Xerox Star and it was nicer (and quite different) than the early Macs. For one thing, it had a nice big screen. Not that little 9" excuse for a monitor.
6'4" is about 193 cm.
Exactly. A friend of mine heard about how Samsung makes great TVs and bought one. But she bought Samsung's bottom-of-the-line model, and it _is_ complete crap. The backlighting is so uneven, for example. Apple avoids this by only making top-of-the-line products. You never have to worry about buying a crappy Apple product (except maybe the iBook, but thankfully that's way in the past).
You mean China Telecom (中国电信).
Although there are only four Apple-owned stores, there are still many many Apple stores (vs. Apple Stores). Every mall seems to have at least one. These are official "Apple Premium Reseller" (or other official designation) shops and sell only Apple products. They are often as packed as Apple Stores back home. Same goes for Taiwan. I'm less familiar with Hong Kong.
Yes, having an Apple is a status symbol in China, but...Puh-leeze! The truth is that barely anyone is running Mac OS X on their Macs in China. They are all running Windows. And there are only a few (official) Apple Stores in the whole country, so that isn't it either. It's just a cool-looking computer!
Cingular's CEO (AKA Mr. Notecard) didn't seem to be the sharpest tool either.
I pay US$7 a month for my iPhone plan (套餐) in China. That gives me 150MB of data (and 50 minutes of outgoing voice), which is enough for me. I used to be on the US$14 plan (300MB), but found I was only using 120MB a month, so I downgraded.When I was in Malaysia, I used TuneTalk, a prepaid service that costs US$0.015 per megabyte! Yes, that's only US$1.80 per month for my typical usage.