or Connect

Posts by TokyoJimu

Exactly! For all the criticism of China's "one-child policy", without it China might look more like India. And while China has brought 625 million people out of poverty, the great majority of Indians are still dirt poor. With apologies to George W. Bush (nah, just kidding!), Democracy isn't always the best solution.
I notice that Apple is now selling the old models unlocked in the U.S. I don't recall them selling the 3GS unlocked in the past (though maybe I just never looked). The 3GS is going for US$375 and the 4 is $549. Both come with just 8 GB.
Exactly. This analyst can't even count. ┬┐Why should we listen to anything he says?
Because 200MB is not enough for me in the U.S. A 500MB plan would be perfect. So I pay $40 for voice + $25 for data + taxes/fees/etc. and that comes to $70. My favorite plan is the one I use when I'm in Malaysia. It's a flat US$0.02 per megabyte.
All the US carriers continue to stick with unlimited plans, which seem quite unfair to those of us who don't use much voice and/or data. The plan I have in China is US$7 a month for 150 MB of data and 50 minutes of voice. This is all I need. Why am I paying AT&T close to $70? That GoPhone plan looks promising but there's no mention of data. My next iPhone will be purchased unlocked and I don't want to pay a monthly rate that includes a subsidy I haven't utilized. I...
Me too. Our company had so many problems with the performance and reliability of other access points (requiring multiple field visits) that we finally ripped them all out and replaced them with Apple's Airport Extremes. We've had zero problems ever since.
Agreed. I've been in many authorized resellers around the world that look just like an Apple Store. And in China (including Taiwan) there seems to be a store exclusively selling Apple products on every block. This story has been so blown out of proportion.
But no one uses China Telecom's mobile service. OK, OK, so they have 108 million subscribers (12% of the mobile market), but that's "no one" here.
Silly rabbit... Chinese don't _buy_ apps. They pirate them. But then Apple doesn't make it easy to buy. You have to have a US Dollar credit card, which very few people have.
Apple never releases new product after September so as not to disrupt holiday sales.