or Connect

Posts by TokyoJimu

OK, true (2012, actually). But they are required to source at least 30% of goods sold domestically. Since Apple doesn't have manufacturing in India, they still cannot open their own stores. We will have to wait for Foxconn to start manufacturing iPhones there to meet that requirement.
India does not allow foreign companies to operate stores. There are Samsung stores everywhere in India, apparently operated by local firms. Apple wouldn't allow this and so has a much smaller presence.
Meanwhile, iTunes Radio still doesn't work right, often hanging after it plays a commercial.
Just to clarify, the "fees" are not federal or from any other governmental body. They are inventions of AT&T (and all the other carriers). It's a complete scam. What other business is allowed to advertise one price and then when you get to the store has added on a bunch of fees.
When was the last time a corporate merger was good for consumers?
Their egos won't allow it, unfortunately. This is one of those cases where Apple did _not_ do what is in the best interests of their customers; instead preferring to "go thermonuclear" on Google to make a statement.
I've only met one person who thought he had a real iPhone and I had to break the news to him that it wasn't.
Nothing new. A friend of mine has been working at Apple on this project for at least a year.   Still, I agree that Apple Maps is still vastly inferior to Google's.
I'm surprised to hear that anyone in China is paying for apps. Even if you want to buy apps legitimately, they don't make it easy. You can't just pay for one app at a time. You have to pre-pay to load up your iTunes account with a minimum of 50 yuan, and then draw down on that balance.
The human body has a built-in app to let you know when you need to take a swig of water: you feel thirsty. Unless you're wandering through the Sinai desert for 40 years, you probably don't need to drink 8 cups a day.