or Connect

Posts by TokyoJimu

Straight Talk. $45 a month (no taxes or fees added on) for unlimited voice and SMS, and 2 GB of data. On the AT&T network.
Well, Time Warner Cable's CEO has been quoted as saying that he'd love to get out of the set-top box business. Here's his big chance! 
  That audio "junk" is where the content lies. Who cares about seeing the talking head accompanying it?   Also, I'd bet much of podcast listening is done while driving, so any video is superfluous. Plus, battery life is much longer for audio-only playback.   One frustrating thing to me is that when I'm trying to listen to a video podcast, if I try to save my battery by turning off the iOS screen, it stops playback!
I tried searching for the mentioned "Cobook" app but the App Store app just responds with "Did you mean 'book'?" and only lets me search for that, a term with far too many results to be useful.
How about some bug fixes for the Mac OS version of iPhoto? It is the one Apple program that I am constantly cursing at. It has so many bugs and usability problems, I can't believe Apple has let this current version be so bad for so long.
Finally! And of course just a few weeks after I went out and bought a new unlocked iPhone 4S the day before I was leaving the country for many months. Still, who wants to wait two years for an unlock! Verizon Wireless will unlock (for international use) for any customer with an account in good standing for 60 days.
120,000 people. Has any factory in the U.S. ever had anywhere near that number of employees? Even back in the days of the big steel mills and such? Can you even imagine a U.S. company trying to hire 120,000 people for a new plant? For an excellent look at the people who work in these plants, read "Factory Girls" by Leslie T. Chang.
Exactly! There are TONS of people who just don't want to leave DoCoMo, and they are dying for the iPhone.
The ¥286 plan includes 950 MB of data, 900 domestic minutes, 40 M messages, and 50 T messages. Incoming voice and messages are free.Details on all the plans at http://shop.10010.com/packagenumber/...geSeq=99005044.
It's always such a paradox that Japan is king of high tech, and yet its business practices are so behind the times. This is nothing new. As late as 1989, it was rare to see even a single PC in an office in Tokyo, with everything still being done by hand.