or Connect

Posts by TokyoJimu

All Apple employees in Cupertino need to leave their Ferraris at home for the next week and use the new iOS 6 Maps application to get to work by public transit.
  Yelp actually takes you to maps.google.com in the Safari browser, not the supplied Maps application.
  Suddenly not being able to get around town at all because the new Maps app doesn't even support walking directions, never mind transit directions, here is not "good enough". Should I just sit at home for the next year while Apple gets this right?
You can often get a feature phone for free. A friend pre-paid ¥199 (about US$32) for a year's worth of service (outgoing calls and outgoing SMS are extra) and was sent a phone for free.   Personally, I don't think the 3GS is a good introduction to the Apple experience. With modern software, it just runs too slowly, and might actually sour people to the Apple ecosystem.
  $649 will only get you 16 GB. If you want 64 GB, be ready to cough up $849.
Sorry, but people here in the developing world don't want an old, slow iPhone. If they don't have any money, they get a feature phone. If they have some cash they they get a modern $100~$300 Android phone. If they're rich, they pay $700+ for an iPhone. No one wants to pay $400 for a three-year-old device.
  Yes. Prepaid. Another advantage of Straight Talk is you can let the account go idle up to 145 days without losing your number/account. I am often out of the country for months at a time. Now I don't have to pay anything for those times I'm not in the U.S.
  Straight Talk. $45 a month (no taxes or fees added on) for unlimited voice and SMS, and 2 GB of data. On the AT&T network.
Well, Time Warner Cable's CEO has been quoted as saying that he'd love to get out of the set-top box business. Here's his big chance! 
  That audio "junk" is where the content lies. Who cares about seeing the talking head accompanying it?   Also, I'd bet much of podcast listening is done while driving, so any video is superfluous. Plus, battery life is much longer for audio-only playback.   One frustrating thing to me is that when I'm trying to listen to a video podcast, if I try to save my battery by turning off the iOS screen, it stops playback!