or Connect

Posts by fjpoblam

As for top.location.href, no luck. As for part of one of their "created" pages. (Same reason I can't link to te special iPhone specific CSS, but thanks for the link, I know I'll have fun reading it, geek that I am!)Unfortunately, Google Page Creator provides no "standard" access to the area. That's why so many of us have resorted to...
Tried "document.location.href='... I cleared the cache. Google's Web Toolkit is still getting in the way. (Remember, this does NOT occur on Safari on a laptop, only on iPod Touch.) A "real-world" example: http://www.idigyardwork.com displays with no stylesheet http://www.idigyardwork.com/idigyardwork.htm (the same file) displays appropriately (The latter URL, of course, bypasses server processing of the Google Page Creator "home" page...)
Google Page Creator doesn't provide access to the tag (or the , else none of this would be necessary!) so that option won't work, so, I'll try your href suggestion...
That is *very* and *entirely* pleasing to hear! (You can't imagine!) Thanks much for your response!
For example, two I *really* depend upon are FireFTP and Google Toolbar. Some I find really handy are Web Developer, Fangs, ForecastFox, Download Statusbar, and Google Notebook. I have a load of others I use, but I suppose I could manage without them. Just curious. (I haven't bought my MBP yet...coming within a week, learning curve and all. I hear BBEdit is a right nice website editor to replace what I have on Windows!)
I maintain several Google Page Creator sites...on both personal Gmail accounts and Google Apps for Your Domain (GAfYD) sites. Like many, I set up the "home" pages to contain simple one-line javascript redirects to nearby htm files, a la: This works in all browsers (Firefox, Opera, Avant, IE). It works on Safari on a laptop. In Safari on the iPod Touch, if one goes to--> www.mydomain.com/my.htm ...the...
...due to my ignorance, of course! Though it was smooth as silk to set up a (Windows) HP, I'm new to the Mac world, and I won't have the first idea about setup. (I'll get my first MBP after the rumored improvements in show later...I've seen all the advice that sez, WAIT!!!)
I'll stay online here, hoping like heck for a generous response from one of you geeks... I'm a webmaster. I'm interested in getting my websites ready for what I feel is, the wave of the future, i.e., mobile devices. I think the iPod Touch is the perfect arena for me to work. I have, at home, a wireless network. I currently work, with one of my laptops, communicating with a Linksys router across the room. (It's a WRT54GS, connected to a DSL line served up by covad). I'd...
The screen space is likely worth quite something, as a few of you have said. I just now felt up the keyboard. The "rubbery" feel of the MB doesn't quite promise the long-term comfort of the more metallic MBP. (I live in a dry climate...soft rubber touch will dry out sooner than the rest of the computer, I suspect.) The graphics on the MBP certainly look more appealing. So I guess I'll shell out. Again, thanks, all, for your generous, patient, and very informed advice.
Well, I DO need to be able to plug in my spouse's SD cards to download photos, but then, I see, for about $20, I can fetch a Sandisk USB booger that'll adapt to download the SD card (or our old Olympus "smart card" I think). I don't want to go to the expense of an external display...that would negate the cost advantage, anyway, and as you might have deduced from the library conversion, I'm not exactly a rich sort. I won't consider Air due to its many lacks: shortage of USB...