or Connect

Posts by fjpoblam

This business of going to icloud.com/iwork and signing in and dragging a file over to the cloud window is...er...unsightly. (Maybe it's okay for the security-privacy minded.) What we had in mind was, automated syncing of our documents between our laptops and our iPads, in the same automated mindless lazy way as it is for multiple iOS gadgets. But no-O-o. I'm glad somebody at least mentioned the carefully hidden ~/Library folder. Now we'll link it as a shortcut in the...
As you may deduce from what I wrote, I made the mistake of setting up everything with iCloud = same appleid as AppStore/iTunes. I'm now backing off to different appleid for iCloud. However, it should be noted, when backing off, iCloud eats calendar contents: be sure to export calendars to ics files before cutting off iCloud account. (It appears all my other iCloud-connected files survived the operation.) Reloading calendars was grievous and time-consuming. Thanks for...
Here's the problem I'm juggling. Difficult to explain. Bear with me. I just installed 10.7.2 yesterday (October 12, 2011). We'll be buying iPads shortly (iOS5, of course). The goal: it is necessary that one appleid be used for all purchases, so that no product (app, iTunes content) need be purchased twice. This would be true for either the two MBPs or the two iPads. Fair enough? It is necessary that one appleid be used between one MBP and its iPad, and one appleid be...
Maybe Apple and Exxon should get together and buy out the U.S. government. iAmerica.
So, "renting" a piece of equipment for $27+ per month is too cheap? Seems a bit of an odd idea, somehow.
We just fetched a copy of Pages for our MBPs yesterday, in anticipation of using Pages on our [future] iPads. Just for the heck of it, I built some business cards. Then I built some basic tables, and some invoices. All these, I tried to export to .doc format. The results were very unsatisfactory! Pages, of course, was very polite in providing warning messages stating that Pages thought the intended output format did not support certain aspects of the documents, such as...
As in "I'm announcing today that I will announce next Tuesday whether or not I'm going to announce my candidacy for President..."Is that a "preannouncement"?
Gotter done. Formatted and ready for the buyer to run setup. Posted for sale at, I hope, a good price. Now all that remains is for me to have the patience to wait. And wait. (A problem that can't be addressed here.) Meanwhile, I'll mark this problem as solved, and thank you one and all for your kind and gracious help.
Okay, I've been putting it off until this morning. "Mañana, mañana" as it were: then it finally occurred to me that each day of delay is a day of depreciation in value for the old MBP. Gotta get to work!One last item of clearing the MBP of personal information. When I set up the MBP for sale, as you said, I want to reload the OS from the install disk, then download updates from Apple to make the machine current. I'd give the machine some sort of generic "name" and give the...
Apple has not given a specific and credible explanation of how information the user has permitted to be stored by one application is protected from use by all other applications (and hackers). Apple has not provided a specific and credible explanation of how the user may gain access to specific items of information permitted to be stored.