or Connect

Posts by fjpoblam

Okay, I'm a cheapskate.\ I'm trying to make a slideshow using the simple ditties in the Sample Music group supplied with iPhoto (and they're not listed in iTunes!). Each cut is a minute-or-so long. Fine with me. I'd like to have the slideshow rotate between cuts during the slideshow. Thing is, when I setting up music, and I select more than one cut: I also check "Repeat music". The result, invariably, is that the LAST cut selected plays over and over. None of the other...
Hoping this'll be an easy, quicky for you gurus out there/in here! I *have* an MBP an an iPod Touch living in harmony. I'd like to buy mi esposa an iPod Touch right away and, someday, when budget allows, an MBP. Question is, could I for now sync both her iPod Touch AND my iPod Touch with MY MBP (e.g., for syncing our 8 years of photos) and then, later, swap her iPod Touch over to her MBP? [Reason I ask is, unhappy experience in the Windoze world with HP iPaqs which...
I think this booger may have a market. I'll buy one. I'm sorry it'll take so long for it to arrive. It'll be an ideal traveling companion. Why? I'll welcome the larger screen, over my iPod Touch, simply because it'll be easier to read web screens and email (for an old fart like me) on a little larger screen. It'll be a little easier to diddle a sort of larger finger/keyboard. Usability. I don't care about fifty-eleven apps running at once. Just the simple ability to see...
Through further diddling, I found I could get continuous play by adding: to the cited example. Problem soved.
I found this example: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/byebyeembed ...for embedding an exported iPhoto slideshow (.mov file) in an xhtml file. This will be very helpful for my client websites! However, though I have the settings in iPhoto as "Repeat the slideshow", the resulting web page yields a one-time play. This leads me to suspect I'm missing a param for looping. I tried "loop=" to no avail. Is there a guide to the full set of params accepted by the object...
I would prefer to use a different search engine. Google's searches are overly littered with highly "ranked" commercial results, and I find I often must scroll through pages of garbage before I locate helpful information on a topic of interest. (This is not to mention, I don't care for Google's tracking my search habits.) I've found several search engines (mahalo, for one) that seem to return better results. Is there a way to change the default search engine in the ...
iSteve 4G Only seriously imaginative need apply; no white shirts/ties; jeans only, black sweater preferred.
I just now downloaded 10.5.4. This here's a purdy new MBP. Safari went from a two-bounce startup to 8. I tried a shutdown, and reboot, just in case. Same stuff. (Boot's much slower too.) Firefox3 is much slower. Everything. Anyone else run into this?
Perhaps I've overwhelmed poor ol' Firefox with many add-ons. This morning I did two tests, just after system boots. Both times, Safari startup took two icon bounces. One time, Firefox3 took 30. The other, it took 8. Now, I must say I've overwhelmed ol' Firefox 3 with 17, count'em 17 extensions (plus, if relevant, 8 custom buttons on Google toolbar). No doubt, that's a contributing factor. On the other hand, Firefox3 Web Developer can't be matched, for example, for...
Having purged history and cache I tried again and again. After multiple attempts, I could not contact the server on most after the appointed time. On two, the graphic cited download for 2.0.014. I think, if they wanted to set a record, they should have planned availability from near midnight of the appointed date, along with updates to load page graphics and links, and sufficient robust servers to handle the load: respect for the fact that users' time is valuable, too. No...