or Connect

Posts by Shogun

It's awfully tough to perfectly bind liquidmetal to sapphire. http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/27/apple-granted-patent-for-embedding-sapphire-displays-in-liquidmetal-iphone-chassis
If the iWatch were assembled in the USA that could also account for the delays we're hearing about. Sure took a while to get the MacPro plant running at high speeds. 
Busy October: iPhone, Yeosemite, iPayments, ??? In wondering if the iWatch/iPod/fitBand might be assembled in the USA. They really kept the lid onMac Pro rumors. Maybe the start of a new (and robotic) emphasis on US production. Also recall the US plant(s) making sapphire.
I still say it's a lock for the iWatch and the iPhone 6S. "S" always stands for something. In the 6s it'll be sapphire. No way it'll be on the iPhone 6. My prediction for liquidmetal also remains the same: iWatch, and iPhone 7.
God, when will we get a single login for all these channels? It's such a pain doing it one at a time...
I'd like to know how fast to drive between lights to always hit green. Would save gas, save brakes, get you there as quickly, and be a more pleasant experience for the lack of constant acceleration and deceleration. I know slow driving to get a green can be an inconvenience to those behind you who are going to turn at the next intersection instead of drive through, for example. But surely this is a solvable problem. This could actually being self driving cars one step...
To me the most interesting thing mentioned here is the piconet. A network of devices that all talk directly to each other without needing to ride wifi is really powerful and not matched by goog or msft as far as I know. It's a personal network of interconnected devices that can speak to the cloud or wider internet through a gateway device in the system (iPhone). This is how the handoff features of Yosemite and airplay features of the next appletv update work. It's really...
Every other iPhone they've made has had serious milling marks on the inside of the back. This one is clearly a forged or stamped piece instead. Why the difference all of a sudden? A December 2013 patent described making liquidmetal in float forges like glass is made so that it comes off the line in large flat thin sheets ready for stamping...
These back frames usually have lots of little grooves from being ground out from aluminum. This one does not. Proof of Liquidmetal?
A year and a half ago tCook was talking like iWatch could have a mid year debut. They're walking the razor' sedge on this. I don't fault them a bit. Make it great. I'd be disappointed, but I'd wait another year or two if I had to to get the device that's being rumored. Another few weeks is nothing.