or Connect

Posts by Shogun

Looking at my wife's gold, er champaign iPhone 5s it occurs to me that Apple's been working on creating a gold-replacement metal for fashion for some time, like for the iWatch. Apple will continually be so far ahead of Samsung they really don't have a prayer if the large screen iPhones come online.
Siri needs a grammar loop in that neural net. She makes dictation choices seemingly based on what words are used most often, not what makes sense. For example, in a dictation to a musician I said something like, "I really enjoyed hymn 345." Of course Siri made it "him 345." These mistakes happen all the time. It really hobbles the usefulness of dictation when you have to comb back over it and fix a problem every 10-15 words or so.
You're not anywhere near outlet or a vehicle or a charger all day every day? If so, you realize that puts you quite a bit out of the mainstream, right?
"Fittingly so considering this is, in essence, a safe for your data." Huh?
 What I see is a tick-tock every-other-year process with iOS and OS X. One year is powerful under-the-hood changes. The next is focused on lots of important surface elements that make people's experience better, easier and more rich. Last year's OS X had huge performance tweaks, and the iOS moved entirely to 64-bit. A huge undertaking. So this year is the tock year. Still seems like the Leopard/SnowLeopard process to me.
Keeping software secret should be trivial for Apple. Any software inklings we get (e.g. Healthbook) are controlled leaks by the powers that be. Keeping hardware secret is a very different story.
I still think sapphire and lqmt are bound for the new iPod first (iWatch). My guess is the 6s gets sapphire and the iPhone 7 is finally amorphous metal, namely liquidmetal.
Hi foul mouth. Yes, this is how it works. They want people to be excited. To be bursting at the seams in anticipation. So one week before they drop key hints. Nothing's been given away. Quite to the contrary, more people than ever want to hear what the Apple solution might be. Wisen up. You can't believe the storyline you're being presented. These controlledeaks come from the top. If not, look for a fast disclaimer tomorrow, as Apple won't want people waiting in...
These rumors come from Apple. They're ramping up their hype machine. If it's not Apple then you'll read an article tomorrow from a long time associate of Apple who says they've talked to high level personnel and hear there will be no Home Automation announcements. If you don't hear that, bet on it. This is how it works.
I strongly suspect announcement at WWDC of a new iPhone shipping immediately: the iPhone Pro. It'll look very similar to the 5s, but with a 4.7" screen.