or Connect

Posts by Bilbo63

Um... Apple didn't buy Nest. Google did. The founder of Nest, Tony Fadel used to work at Apple though. But Samsung does suck.
Agreed Eric. I usually end the day with about 37% left when I put it on the charger. Anyone who is having terrible battery life, you may have a rogue app that is draining your battery. That happened to me for a short time and on my girlfriend's iPad. It turned out that Plex was an issue. I just deleted it off of my phone all together while she restored her iPad and reinstalled. Fixed the problem for both of us.
I easily get through the day on a single charge too. Although I did wake up to a phone that only had a charge of 37% this morning. I had a small wad of pocket lint in my lighting connecter port and never had a good connection on my clock radio dock. I'm at 11% and I'm heading home shortly – no big deal. If Sammy's battery life was so good, why do you need to carry a second battery for your phone?
My sister-in-law picked up three Samsung Galaxy S4 phones a year and a half ago at the local Costco because they were practically giving them away. By her own admission, cost was the ONLY factor. Two of the three are presently broken and off for repairs. They will be without them for at least 4 weeks! As I told her at the time she bought them, you get what you pay for. They can't wait for the iPhone 6 this fall and are excited to dump the Galaxy phones. I hesitate to...
Companies like Google and Facebook don't like personal privacy – their business model depends on it.   Actually companies like Google and Facebook don't like personal privacy unless it's theirs, then privacy is okay.
I lock my doors at night because it's my wish that strangers not wander through my home. Unethical people who really want to go through my stuff anyway, just come in through the window, regardless of my wishes.
Oh, I get it now. It's okay to ignore my wishes not to be tracked simply because other companies ignore it. Yup, you are correct, that is ethical. Thanks for clearing that up. At least we are in agreement that they all should respect do not track requests.
Well, when I set my preference to "do not track" and not only do they ignore my request, but also take measures to side-skirt my privacy settings, I'd say the word unethical fits the bill.   I realize that they do not have to abide by my "do not track" request, I have made myself very clear about my wishes. (which they decided to ignore)
I want nothing to do with this. In the eyes of Google, we are not their customer, we are their product.   Apple's priority is not mining our personal data, their data-driven services are designed to support the devices and services that they sell. Apple's revenue model is derived from selling actual stuff, not mining my data for ulterior uses.
I'm still not convinced that smart watches are the next big thing. Wasn't it the analysts that decided smart watches were the next big thing? Seriously? Analysts can't even manage their own business let alone dictating what the "next big thing in tech" should be and then punishing any company that doesn't jump on board.   I for one am not sold on a smart watch, I honestly don't think that I want one – at least nothing like we've seen so far anyway.   I'd agree that...