or Connect

Posts by Bilbo63

We'll see how this plays out when all of the details are revealed -- it may or may not turn out to be the same thing. Apple should be treated the same as any other company if found guilty of wrong-doing. Period.
Oh, I definitely think that Apple is going to enter the wearable space, I simply have my doubts that it'll resemble any of the smart watches out there at the moment. Whatever Apple does do, you can bet that it won't be plastered with a million features that we don't need that make the thing difficult to use or drain the battery. Apple knows that it is not a race to see who can pack the most crap into a watch. Apple will choose a small specific set of carefully...
Again, I'm not convinced Apple is working on a watch at all. I'm not even convinced that the majority of people even want or need a smart watch. As I recall, it was analysts that decided the next big thing should be a smart watch, not Apple or any other tech company. Now everyone and their brother is scrambling to do a watch. Apple doesn't do what the analysts say they should do, they do what they think that they should do. Analysts should just shut the heck up. They...
Meh.
 It's like always having someone peeking in your windows. "I see that Bill is low on milk, I'll just let my friend Steve the milkman know (for a fee of course) that if he puts an ad in Bill's mailbox, he just might make a sale." I know that you are just looking out for my best interest Google but no thanks. I don't mind a bit of targeted ads. But any single company that continually weasels it's way into my life for data collection is uncomfortable to me. I realize it's not...
Oh and by the way, I don't hate everything that Google does and yes some of it is pretty cool. I'm just getting sick of them always creating new ways to get our data. That makes some of us uncomfortable.
Clearly you are not listening.  I am not cool with ANY company that is always creating conduits into my personal life for the sole purpose of harvesting my info. Google just happens to be by far the worst offender and very time we turn around they create yet another way in. That's why they exist. Enough already. I get it. YOU love Google and I'm they only one who finds their data harvesting creepy. I respect your opinion, feel free to live your life as you wish – it's your...
I realize that they don't actually call. At least TODAY they don't actually call. But their real customers do bombard us with ads based on the info that they harvest. I don't trust Google. Not even a little,– and I'm not the only one. They spend all of their time trying worm their way into our live to collect more and more data. Why? because that's how they make their money. It's their business model. Like I've said repeatedly. It's creepy. Google have gone too far. I...
 Mainly because it's Google. I am sick of how much info that they harvest. Every time I turn around, their greasy fingers are getting more data. It's creepy and I don't like it. I also don't like door to door salesman. If I feel that I need a new furnace I'll buy one. Google doesn't need to have one of THEIR customers call me thanks.
I have a Nest and I'm not thrilled that Google bought the company. I avoid Google wherever I can. Who knows what info they will harvest in the future. I'm betting that they will use our data to help furnace companies sell us new furnaces. "We noticed that your furnace uses "X amount" of gas. Buy one of our new furnaces and we can save you 4% on your bills."    Google try to get their greasy fingers into all areas of our lives to harvest data and it creeps me out. I'm...