or Connect

Posts by mrochester

Rather ironically, it's Apple and iTunes that have been one of the worst offenders over recent times as far as following the Windows design language
The Zune software has been international for quite some time now. You need it to sync a WP7 phone. It's performance is light years ahead of iTunes. I agree, iTunes is currently the biggest embarrasment for Apple. It's poorly coded, often exhibits poor performance, and doesn't always follow standard Windows behaviour. It's only slightly better than the even bigger embarrasment that's the MobileMe Control Panel (which I was so sick of after nearly a year of being broken...
It's just a link shortening service! Here's the full link for those suspicious types http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200557360
Ooooops, bad call eh?
Oh I know all computer makers charge a fortune to upgrade parts, and that's why Apple's SSDs are equally a rip off. Don't forget UK prices include 20% VAT. There's nothing we can do about the prices short of a revolution to overthrow the government and abolish VAT, but I doubt that'll happen.
Sadly, in the UK, that's the not the case at all. To configure a base 13" MBP with a 256GB SSD costs an extra £520. You can pick up a Crucial C300 256GB SSD for £368, and still have the 320GB drive the MBP came with. Apple's SSDs are a major rip-off in the UK.
I don't think the issue is about who first coined the term or whether it is a new term. The issue seems to be that Microsoft now think the term has become so generic as a means to identify a particular thing that it can't be trademarked.
Apple just needs to call it the 'Apple App Store' to distinguish it from other app stores (Windows Marketplace, Android Market, Ovi Store etc, all of which are app stores).
Yikes, I wouldn't be placing that sort of trust in a company whose main aim is to get hold of as much of my money as possible. That's a very complacent attitude to have, and I'm sure the salemen rub their hands with glee when they see someone like you coming!
Or he really could just think the Galaxy Tab is better than the iPad. And where's the harm in that? He doesn't post as a paid shill would, he posts as someone who has an opinion that is different to your own. If you want people to respect that you think Apple's products are better than the competition, you're going to have to respect that some people will think the opposite.