or Connect

Posts by mrochester

Here's an interesting article about marketshare. http://www.techztalk.com/techwebsite...p-rising-in-us
This whole post assumes that consumers give a rats ass about profits, which I can assure they don't. Incidently, each extra Android device on the market is an additional revenue stream for Google through the sale of products, services and advertising.
The best for who? For all the people who are buying these Android devices, they are the best for them. You can't say about any Android user that the best device for them is the iPhone, because if it was, they would have picked it! I can't understand why so many people fail to grasp the notion that for a lot of people, the iPhone is not the best choice. This information just shows that that is true. It doesn't mean it's not the best device for you or anyone else that owns...
Who knows? I'd find it difficult to swallow the notion that only people who have bought an expensive phone are willing to part with 99p to buy an app. The price of the apps is so relatively negligable in comparison to the price of the device that I can't see even value shoppers deliberating over the cost of the apps and whether they should buy them or not.
The beauty of it is that people have a choice. For some, iOS is the unpolished OS with Android having the flexibility and customisation they desire. The biggest reason why Android is so attractive to many buyers is it comes in all shapes and sizes at a number of different price points. Just look at the Orange San Franciso. A 3.5" capacitive OLED 840x400 screen, 3mp auto-focus camera, 3G, wifi, 600Mhz processor and Android 2.1. Sounds like it might cost a fair bit,...
As has been pointed out already, marketshare is a big incentive for developers and those who want to sell their products and services as it shows where the biggest potential audience is. We already know how that strategy turned out; OSX has an incredibly profitable niche, but it is still a niche, and for a lot of uses, a Windows machine is still required. It wouldn't go amis for some people to at least consider that marketshare might be an important metric. ...
This is exactly what I think Apple now needs as they're getting way too cocky for their on good. It'll burn a lot of peoples fingers but it would be good for Apple to realize they can't just slap together any old bit of technology, stick an Apple logo on it and charge a premium. Apple have way too much power as far as controlling tastes and trends, and that needs to be curtailed.
I find it rather difficult to take someone seriously when posting 'objective' stories like this when they hold nothing but a hand-full of Apple products. It's entirely predictable from the second sentence of your post exactly which way these 'articles' will swing. My advice would be to wait for a product that is currently vapourware to actually be announced (if it ever is), and then wait some more so you can purchase and try them both out.
It's the Optimus Mini. http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus-mini/
Amazon pretty much always discounts Macs.