or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Yeah, for all the things they got right there are more than a few downers IMO.  Now that I've put the Podcast app through its paces for a week I give it a C, down from a B.  I can't think of a change made that was for the better but several are glaring as worse.  In general they have a problem looking at the simple, unsexy aspects of apps that just work and resisting making them sexier and weakening them in the process.    Feh.
I was amazed at how Apple hosed the Podcast app with solid color pages that made it nearly unreadable.  Until I went to the prefs and saw the "custom colors" slider.  Still, seems a little odd that no one in Cupertino saw the Podcast app in its default state and thought, hmm, not good.
 Also, there are loads of people who don't use their smartphone for 50% of their record collection, just a bunch of podcasts that get deleted, have no videos on it and don't download all the new free apps as long as they have some space left.  Those who say you need 32 would be surprised at how many truly don't hit 13.  There's a big world of people out there  who like using the technology but don't get a thrill from morefasterbetter.
 Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new features but I'm glad I held off for now having seen a few Notes threads.   Also the 8 and 9 versions will only transfer and work with notes from the same version, no compatibility.  Not too horrible within one's own devices but if you sync and edit notes in iCloud with others you have to all use the same version.  Can't use the new features at all if there's holdout  : )   Fortunately, either or both can be used in iOS 9. A bigger...
  If you gleaned a “Steve is dead, Apple is going down the tubes” argument in my post you didn't read it.  You're reaffirming that your claim that Apple's beta system is perfect and I'm merely disputing that.    Exposes my real motive here?   
You keep implying the released updates of yosemite have all been successes, that there is no chance for a legitimate opinion of "This shouldn't have made it through beta".You either haven't done the updates in the past few years or don't read others experiences elsewhere. That's a statement pretty easy to blow cannonballs sized holes in as far as Apple's updates in the past few years. Apple has been playing the game of getting the updates out on a schedule rather than...
I look forward to the shipping of 3rd party Smart Connector port peripherals in 2019.
 Haven't checked recently, but it was an eternity that Siri was 'released' while being referred to as a 'beta' on the iPhone page of the Apple site (where only people like us ever go, not the general public.  Wasn't called beta in the ads). For my part Siri is good for what it does well, but don't feel Apple has cared enough about perfecting what users bring up.  I have also experienced being given info for something 200 miles away instead of 200 feet and it wasn't for...
Sure, but it could also be argued that it's as good as anywhere for a random, cursory observation, though it obviously doesn't represent Spokane or Gainesville. No one's claiming their surroundings are a perfect gauge for anything more than opinion.Well, go out in your town and make notes and report back what you find. Even though NYC Is not Spokane do you really think that negates the opinion that the student targeted in a. Back To School Sale is not likely to be the...
 Doesn't require research.  My own opinion is based on the army of friends of my 22 and 17 year old daughters.  It's all earbuds. I walk NYC streets and ride the subway twice daily.  $200 headphones aren't much worn by people looking to save $200 on a new Mac.  Those are practically mutually exclusive groups. There are reams of $50 to $100 headphones available, which from what I see are what students with non-buds mostly have.