or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Nah, not the point.  It's not about how Apple looks having or not having some huge artists who sell out arenas and have large catalogs but don't sell much audio these days  It's about what the pie will look like in a few years when it's been sliced differently, if it's starting now.   If enough people like Prince start throwing in with other services and NOT Apple, then by 2020 that could easily work out to be a common option for everyone else.  I can easily envision a...
It's a design patent. Not related to utility or function.
  It was more the other way around.  Iovine has proven time and time again he can take a company and increase its value through the roof in just a few years.  He's the most Jobs-like corporate person in the US in that his eyes are on things that are years away from being formed enough for most others to even know what they are, and he knows what people want.   Just as Apple created the mobile device mp3 driven market that they still dominate, even though they didn't create...
 If you only read the short posts you won't learn much.  Lots of snide throwaways with no content, like yours.
LOL.  Says the one who thought it was a $500 set of red headphones marketed to him.   ​
 Another who makes funny disparaging remarks without reading the article?  :  )  They don't even state a price  :  ) As it says, it's for DJs, not general use.   Seriously and with all due respect, if you don't know about what the article explains you should look it up so you'll know how it applies to it's intended market. This is a physical design patent, not an audio tech one, so hold off on the "snake oil" stuff too.  Very generally speaking. DJs, pro and amateur, need...
 Processing power and everything else not OS related (ports, screen size, etc) have to be put in perspective as only a part of the equation between the two and for some they're not that meaningful even if devices get as powerful as laptops compared to the OS.  I'm in your camp.  I love my iPad and use it a lot for things other than putzing around.  But as IOS makes one take sometimes five steps where OS X takes one (and that's with holding a finger down and hoping the...
 Nobody who follows any competition that pits humans against humans gives any thought to whether a computer could beat them.
Yeah, it stopped being an actual discussion a few posts down the road, being that no one can figure out what the connection of that is. I can't do for the life of me figure out what the fact that a computer does x better has to do with the validity of a competition between humans doing x.
The ball is now more than ever in Apple's court to provide daily use software that is as CPU efficient as other options. And spinning beach balls in Safari and long app open times elsewhere NOT related to underpowered CPU are often written off as underpowered Mac problems by the general public who don't go to forums for the answers to such things. One can definitely happily use this processor for much work, but only if the apps are at least functioning with good...