or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Sure, but unless I'm missing something just the task of creating an album by browsing through the images is needlessly complicated because everything over a month old is lumped together until you create an album.  And assuming there are a lot of times when I want to find a certain picture that isn't special enough to have been put in an album I still should create one for it anyway.  Basically everything you want to not be part of the sum of all your devices and iCloud...
 Sort of.  But recently added only shows me the past 30 days.   Beyond that I can't see any way to browse them in the same manner.   And if I want to use a commonly accessed picture not added within the post month it means a trip down to the bottom to access the Years, Moments, etc, and then all of the shared images are mixed in with the ones taken on the device.    I'm seeing how it's easy to deal with recent images but once it's 30 days it seems to be a different story...
 If you were trying to use it with IOS8 or 10.9.5 you did  :   )   (until DropBox issued updates a week later)
 If you look at its entire history of online user services there are at least as many stumbles as smooth times.  Even iTools .Mac and MobileMe, which made money for Apple, were somewhere between promising and half-baked until halfway through MobileMe.  Some of the most popular and functional parts (like iDisk) were puzzlingly abandoned in favor of replacements that were more needlessly confusing and buggier than what 3rd parties were by then offering.  There was a big gap...
 Which is wrong?  I've spent enough time on ios8 to know my way around the changes and I'm not updating my own devices while it's the only option.  Doesn't work for me.  It's as much a less ideal way of having image management, for me, as 7 was compared to OS X.   Camera Roll wasn't perfect but this is less so.  Could I get used to it if I had to?  Of course.  Sure does contribute to my sense that Apple is still putting form over function in certain areas they would be...
   I should have written "perceived as questionably priced" as that's what I meant.  They're generally expensive and without making any statement about if what they deliver matches the price they weren't really a product that had to worry about that before.  If you wanted it you bought it, and their success is undeniable.  There definitely is somewhat of a parallel to Apple there  But I've not seen the "perceived" more expensive audio experience as something Apple has a...
 That's very true, but the purchase of a hardware line, especially one that's impossible to sell at it's current price points to the casual Apple buyer,  didn't make as much sense synergistically as the music service, with whatever intellectual property/personnel/momentum it had.  For me the biggest reason to think so is that Apple needs a boost in their music services to keep the new rivals at bay over the next five years, they don't need a questionably priced headphone...
 People, including teens, already know who buys/bought Beats, and it's always been a company that made boatloads of money selling to their fans and none by attempting to expand their base.  If Apple tries to make them "cool" in a different way they would disappear from their bread and butter group, turning a $3b company into one worth $2m. The vast majority of the cool teens not already defined as Beats or other expensive headphone buyers have expensive devices and their...
 I always felt the camera roll and stream were better than OK, they worked well.  There are so many things that need to be literally "fixed" in IOS, much less improved, before Apple should be bothering with stuff like this.  I don't have anything against a paradigm change per se but it hints that Apple isn't putting their resources where they're most needed.
Am I the only one who can't see "Healthkit" without seeing "Heathkit"?     Not entirely a bad thing as it brings back many warm and fuzzy memories.