or Connect

Posts by jlandd

I don't have 100mg masters and setting aside the cost of storage for a moment, RAW files easily make an afternoon of shooting a 20 gig project. After a few months it's 500 gigs. My home upload isn't nearly up to snuff for dealing with that. So unless there's something I'm missing here, that was a dealkiller at 1 gig. So regardless of its RAW capabilitiy we're really talking about it handling jpgs, which is a big difference, especially for the non pro who shoots 75%...
Yeah, that's how I feel as well, but it's only because I would have been happiest to stay with Aperture regardless of LR's superiority in assorted areas. Apple just didn't want to keep even one eye on it, and for the little money it brought in who can blame them?Lost in all of the comparisons to past image programs is that it's a free, bundled with the system, app, which makes its calendar of feature adds solidly in the iPhoto history. For better or worse they won't be...
 What a well thought out response which concisely takes on the poster's statement.    Here's another take: There are millions of people, like myself, who aren't moved by feature after feature that don't have anything to do with processing the image.  That's what we're interested in, and it has nothing to do with pro or not pro.  Tight integration with iCloud has as many downsides as it has advantages.   If the actual editing is treated like an afterthought it puts an...
This coming from the company who claims no product in any category and regardless of date of origin may use the word Monster.   They probably spent more time filing lawsuits over mini golf and muffin companies over the word than any R & D, as if they could in a million years prove they caused confusion with their product.    Telling the Boston Red Sox they can't refer to their legendary Green Monster left field wall in their merch?  Seriously?      Their frivolous and...
Actually that RODE VideoMic is very decent for its price and intended purpose of just being an improvement over an onboard mic. It holds up well against the field of $100 shotgun mics. Since the iPad is getting mic signal as opposed to line level I have doubts it would be worth using a better mic for this. Have done a few audio tests with external mics with my iPad and I just don't feel its input does enough justice to a great mic, though maybe I just haven't found a...
Could be?With Jackson it has never been any other way.
 Not really, just the bad/corrupt ones.  For sure a union presence isn't always better than not, but it's not a poison pill by any means. On the other hand, Jesse Jackson has as much to do with actual unions as Martin Luther King Jr. had with skydiving.  You could say "Once a phony civil rights ambulance chasing media whore preacher steps in..."
Good in concept, terrible in reality. The tons of other retailers in Downtown are like chalk and cheese to Apple. CVS? Payless? There's zero synergy. Fulton Mall is about the least Apple place I can imagine. It's like Android Planet. I can't envision a single plot suitable for what Apple wants for a store and what they did in Williamsburg. The only possible location that would fit would be on the other side of Court St, where there are more upscale retailers, but...
Obama lumped in as a "race hustler" with Sharpton and Jackson? Hardly.
 Parking may never be in the cards here but it's a different setting than any other Apple Store I've been to, which have either been in a mall, so it's a given you'll have to drive there and parking is free and plentiful for mall shoppers, or as in Soho NYC, or 14th St or 5th Ave, where there are taxis aplenty but driving there is pretty much out of the question unless you want to spend half of the cost of the iPad you'll buy on a parking garage, if you can even get in...