or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Haven't checked recently, but it was an eternity that Siri was 'released' while being referred to as a 'beta' on the iPhone page of the Apple site (where only people like us ever go, not the general public.  Wasn't called beta in the ads). For my part Siri is good for what it does well, but don't feel Apple has cared enough about perfecting what users bring up.  I have also experienced being given info for something 200 miles away instead of 200 feet and it wasn't for...
Sure, but it could also be argued that it's as good as anywhere for a random, cursory observation, though it obviously doesn't represent Spokane or Gainesville. No one's claiming their surroundings are a perfect gauge for anything more than opinion.Well, go out in your town and make notes and report back what you find. Even though NYC Is not Spokane do you really think that negates the opinion that the student targeted in a. Back To School Sale is not likely to be the...
 Doesn't require research.  My own opinion is based on the army of friends of my 22 and 17 year old daughters.  It's all earbuds. I walk NYC streets and ride the subway twice daily.  $200 headphones aren't much worn by people looking to save $200 on a new Mac.  Those are practically mutually exclusive groups. There are reams of $50 to $100 headphones available, which from what I see are what students with non-buds mostly have.  
Wow. Awful move by Apple. When is a Back To School Sale no sale at all? So misguided. A set of headphones valued at $200, even one actually worth $200 in audio value, isn't on 95% of students' want list. Just wow.
 People that don't have smart phones.
 I have always owned Touches and wifi iPads, never owned a smart phone.  iPhones are terrific but there is nothing about owning a smartphone that is a necessity for me.  As the payer of a family of 4 (including my eldest's iPhones for years, so I'm plenty experienced with them) the difference between paying for a data plan and not paying for it is enough over time.   Between my wifis at home and at work I'm nearly always capable of doing anything I need to do online....
    Nah, not the point.  It's not about how Apple looks having or not having some huge artists who sell out arenas and have large catalogs but don't sell much audio these days  It's about what the pie will look like in a few years when it's been sliced differently, if it's starting now.   If enough people like Prince start throwing in with other services and NOT Apple, then by 2020 that could easily work out to be a common option for everyone else.  I can easily envision a...
It's a design patent. Not related to utility or function.
  It was more the other way around.  Iovine has proven time and time again he can take a company and increase its value through the roof in just a few years.  He's the most Jobs-like corporate person in the US in that his eyes are on things that are years away from being formed enough for most others to even know what they are, and he knows what people want.   Just as Apple created the mobile device mp3 driven market that they still dominate, even though they didn't create...
 If you only read the short posts you won't learn much.  Lots of snide throwaways with no content, like yours.