or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Could be?With Jackson it has never been any other way.
 Not really, just the bad/corrupt ones.  For sure a union presence isn't always better than not, but it's not a poison pill by any means. On the other hand, Jesse Jackson has as much to do with actual unions as Martin Luther King Jr. had with skydiving.  You could say "Once a phony civil rights ambulance chasing media whore preacher steps in..."
Good in concept, terrible in reality. The tons of other retailers in Downtown are like chalk and cheese to Apple. CVS? Payless? There's zero synergy. Fulton Mall is about the least Apple place I can imagine. It's like Android Planet. I can't envision a single plot suitable for what Apple wants for a store and what they did in Williamsburg. The only possible location that would fit would be on the other side of Court St, where there are more upscale retailers, but...
Obama lumped in as a "race hustler" with Sharpton and Jackson? Hardly.
 Parking may never be in the cards here but it's a different setting than any other Apple Store I've been to, which have either been in a mall, so it's a given you'll have to drive there and parking is free and plentiful for mall shoppers, or as in Soho NYC, or 14th St or 5th Ave, where there are taxis aplenty but driving there is pretty much out of the question unless you want to spend half of the cost of the iPad you'll buy on a parking garage, if you can even get in...
  In Williamsburg it's entirely walking or subways for natives because nearly all don't own cars, the lack of convenient transportation notwithstanding for most of the area.  But once you go a little north past Greenpoint you get to Queens neighborhoods, and you lose the industrial aspect and while it's not typical suburbia there are houses on tree lined streets with a place to park the car.  And people who live in Astoria or Jackson Heights have no qualms about getting on...
 If you have only 300 meg to transfer and and you're at home or work and have the time to wait, then maybe.  Otherwise...
 I like to use DDG and all, but not being able to set a date range makes it of very limited value to me, regardless of its other qualities.
You're talking about a total hardware reboot, where the system has to completely load back in from a black screen, right? Not just everything quitting and returning to Home, I'm assuming.
  Poorly worded article.  As if Apple doesn't use ApplePay to collect data.  It's part of playing the game, complaining about Apple here per se, but there isn't a pay service in existence today that doesn't collect and utilize user data.  The article makes it seem as if CVS is blocking a system that doesn't collect any in order to install their own which will be performing a massive privacy breach.     Eh.  Not.