or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Well, no they don't. : ) They WILL have them at some point, but given how long Apple takes getting dongles like this to market I wouldn't buy a new MB and count on the necessary function of one if you need to count on having it within this quarter. The ideal niche user for this MB won't need a multiport dongle. I'm convinced the port adapters will arrive the same time the next higher up generation of these does, with more horsepower and, ironically, a second USB C port.
 But that doesn't help the issue in question, which is if the port goes bad due to overuse being the only port you can't connect anything until it's back from the Apple Store, whether it's a simple job or not.  And pay the $175 for an unattached port fix. The particular device it's on now it makes sense for a single port, because that's the niche of the laptop.  But if they decide to continue up the next few rungs it'll be a disaster, especially being that none of the...
Lemme see if I have this right.  The Griffin Watchstand's selling point is its...  ?  ?   If I have to buy a charger to charge with it, why do I need the stand?  I don't even want to know what they'll be asking for it.
 WWwwweelllll, I do get the point that this is something for people who don't need three ports, or for those times when it wouldn't be appropriate to have peripherals with you.   But I'll tell you what will resemble a bad move.  Not getting the adapters out until long after the excitement has died down.  And not because that would render them not useful until then, but it just doesn't work to hype all the things you can do with a new port while no one can do them for want...
I don't have 100mg masters and setting aside the cost of storage for a moment, RAW files easily make an afternoon of shooting a 20 gig project. After a few months it's 500 gigs. My home upload isn't nearly up to snuff for dealing with that. So unless there's something I'm missing here, that was a dealkiller at 1 gig. So regardless of its RAW capabilitiy we're really talking about it handling jpgs, which is a big difference, especially for the non pro who shoots 75%...
Yeah, that's how I feel as well, but it's only because I would have been happiest to stay with Aperture regardless of LR's superiority in assorted areas. Apple just didn't want to keep even one eye on it, and for the little money it brought in who can blame them?Lost in all of the comparisons to past image programs is that it's a free, bundled with the system, app, which makes its calendar of feature adds solidly in the iPhoto history. For better or worse they won't be...
 What a well thought out response which concisely takes on the poster's statement.    Here's another take: There are millions of people, like myself, who aren't moved by feature after feature that don't have anything to do with processing the image.  That's what we're interested in, and it has nothing to do with pro or not pro.  Tight integration with iCloud has as many downsides as it has advantages.   If the actual editing is treated like an afterthought it puts an...
This coming from the company who claims no product in any category and regardless of date of origin may use the word Monster.   They probably spent more time filing lawsuits over mini golf and muffin companies over the word than any R & D, as if they could in a million years prove they caused confusion with their product.    Telling the Boston Red Sox they can't refer to their legendary Green Monster left field wall in their merch?  Seriously?      Their frivolous and...
Actually that RODE VideoMic is very decent for its price and intended purpose of just being an improvement over an onboard mic. It holds up well against the field of $100 shotgun mics. Since the iPad is getting mic signal as opposed to line level I have doubts it would be worth using a better mic for this. Have done a few audio tests with external mics with my iPad and I just don't feel its input does enough justice to a great mic, though maybe I just haven't found a...
Could be?With Jackson it has never been any other way.