or Connect

Posts by jlandd

I don't think a lower cost of apps has any effect on piracy.  For nearly all of the people who use pirated apps (or media or anything) if it can be acquired for nothing it will be done.  Doesn't matter if the legit version costs $500 or $50, that just alters their rationalizing of it a bit.  The harder it is to get pirated apps the less widespread they will be.  As long as they are available easily the borderline downloader will always just do it regardless of any other...
 I definitely don't think it will have all the older functionality, but it seems to have dealt with a few of the most disliked changes. On the other hand, if folks like the way it is and to have to delete a file 3 times before it stops showing up, well,they can keep this version.
  Oh man, had that too a few years before that.  System 6.0.8 IIRC.  Got infected from a single floppy we had returned to us from a print shop, same results.   When it's late at night and you're tired and a file disappears or renames itself you think you're just getting punchy.   Symantic Tools and a day or two of doing nothing but passing discs around, reformatting and reinstalling put us back on track, but what a nightmare.   At the time we didn't think of ourselves as...
Beta of 8.1 has Camera Roll back in place of Recently Added, though it's looking to be a compromise leaning toward the new design, but that may be all that's needed.  It seems to be more than simply a name change.  There's also a My Photo Stream again.  It looks like the need to delete an image 3 times before is actually deleted has been tended to.  Likely a few more of the interface choices made for images have been improved. ( If you're going to require users create...
You're comparing apples to celery and toothpaste here.   Thunderbolt is not meant to do what USB3 does.  It's purpose is as an extremely high bandwidth port that can transmit data for both PCIe and DisplayPort.  You can run many peripherals (multiple displays, storage with any port format, audio and video) over a single Thunderbolt connection.   If you think of USB3 as a good front water spigot (and USB2 as a bathroom faucet) Thunderbolt is like a connection that can send...
 Hey Loren.  Don't know for certain (don't own one), but I haven't heard that, and a quick look over at Amazon reviews has one from 8/26/14 that says theirs is half speed.  Also current reviews are saying it still isn't providing bus power.  It's always possible to get a piece of old-ish stock on something but you'd think that if a fix for either of these was in the offing these users would have them by this date.  I would think that they have enough of a backlog of these...
 Also, for me, Belkin botched the last model, releasing it with half speed USB without mentioning it until everyone else did, and then not handing this major point either by reflecting it in the price or any info explaining why it shouldn't dissuade us.   The previous version was nuts at its going price right up until this reduction.  At $300 I'm sure CalDigit will soon release a more attractive updated dock in that range.
   Sure, but unless I'm missing something just the task of creating an album by browsing through the images is needlessly complicated because everything over a month old is lumped together until you create an album.  And assuming there are a lot of times when I want to find a certain picture that isn't special enough to have been put in an album I still should create one for it anyway.  Basically everything you want to not be part of the sum of all your devices and iCloud...
 Sort of.  But recently added only shows me the past 30 days.   Beyond that I can't see any way to browse them in the same manner.   And if I want to use a commonly accessed picture not added within the post month it means a trip down to the bottom to access the Years, Moments, etc, and then all of the shared images are mixed in with the ones taken on the device.    I'm seeing how it's easy to deal with recent images but once it's 30 days it seems to be a different story...
 If you were trying to use it with IOS8 or 10.9.5 you did  :   )   (until DropBox issued updates a week later)