or Connect

Posts by jlandd

You're supporting my point, which was that if it truly did ignite merely by sitting with it in her back pocket, the "Oh, she sat on it, then there's nothing to see here, move along" response is far from what we *may* be looking at.  It doesn't matter if she kept it in safely away in her purse if a heavy object falls on it and this is what happens .03% of the time.   Sure, but it's not even about disposing of them properly, though I used the example of the danger of...
  I don't think it matters if she kept it in a dumb place or not.  That only matters if we're talking about a fire while we've got it on us.  A phone can easily get the same trauma when on a surface if a crushing event happens, and it doesn't seem to require a "perfect storm" of events (though obviously we're not hearing stories like this or hers regularly by any stretch, so I'm not saying it's likely).  Back pocket placement isn't the issue.  That a phone getting crushed...
I forgot Trent Reznor and other non-rap people were working on a subscription service on Beats and this is apparently it.  AI should have mentioned that. So it's not as narrow niched as the Beats headphones are.   On that angle, seems like the cost is in line with Spotify, which is is $9.99 per month for their similarly featured account.
  Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine will always have my admiration for screwing Monster out of a huge deal and making zillions in a market I thought they wouldn't stand out in, the Monster niche of taking a decent but unremarkable $75 piece of gear and selling it for $150 and spending the budget on marketing instead of R & D and appealing to the rap crowd instead of the snake oil crowd.  So funny seeing Monster portray itself as the David vs Interscope's Goliath   Ordinarily a...
Actually I'm not a vegan but am vegetarian, and try to not purchase anything with leather though I have no need to remove it from my surroundings or avoid establishments with leather chairs.  We don't have mice because of the cats and of we did I'd catch them and toss them into the park, and the rest would not be the case. For me it's not a grand philosophical book of rules, just a personal outlook that I'm comfortable having.  Didn't start until I was in my 20's (in the...
Cattle are killed specifically for their meat but no one holds up a burger and says that an animal was killed specifically for that burger. Animals are specifically killed for their hides to sell leather to product makers.  
I have nothing against jewelry I'd never buy or fancy cables I'd never consider, but having animals sacrificed for the privilege is something else.
 LOL.  Nobody knows the math better than the artists and it's a horrible situation for them.  Never heard someone claim that artists, who have been neck deep in this for years, don't understand how great it is.
The latest mailing from Tekserve in NYC (a huge, legit Apple dealer but better known as the go-to place around here for decades for Apple repairs) says that they have the stock configurations of both models in stock right now (well, as of 1PM)
   I think in this particular case I can't imagine that Apple didn't assume the demand would be sky high or that they would need to pad the perception of demand.   I'm thinking this is their public beta test, and they're waiting until these have been in the wild for a month before they send out more.   I do think they sort of missed the boat by not making the two base versions a little further apart.  The high enders are going to get the 6-Core version anyway, no matter...