or Connect

Posts by jlandd

I keep trying most every cloud service that is introduced and I use several for their free amounts, but none have dethroned DropBox as what I actually use, including iCloud, for go-to documents, recent backups and sharing files. It's a clean interface that works. I only needed a few not-smooth moments with iCloud to have me not using it except as another cloned device backup. I just don't have the patience anymore for things that aren't well laid out and work with...
There are many possibilities but it's Intel who isn't interested not the companies.  Aim your wishes at them  : )     There are probably many manufacturers with great ideas for useful, high quality products who can't get Intel to return their emails.
I wasn't speaking from knowledge, just speculating that because it's sounding to me like "backward compatibility" is meaning it will work but I'm not seeing it stated that a V1 box will run at V2 spec.   Seems like the layout the stream in V2 would require a similarly differently configured path for a device to take advantage of the improvement.  No?  :  )   Might have missed something in all the noise, though.  :  )
  Not exactly.  If the boxes that are just shipping now can only claim to be compatible with, but can't run at the new version's speed, they look like doubly bad deals already with this announcement.  Late 2013 for Thunderbolt 2?  That makes these expensive version 1 hubs we've been waiting look even sillier at the price.   Maybe the best thing that comes out of this announcement of V2 being on the horizon is that the V1 hubs might have to shed some price.  Or is Belkin...
Can't wait for the dribble of Thunderbolt 2 devices to begin in 2016.
  That's not how a photojournalist gig works.  You show up (often with two cameras around your neck) and you are ready to shoot from the second you set foot there.   Once you are there you are ready to shoot.   There isn't any time consuming DSLR configuration.  That's not a factor.  I guarantee a guy with a phone is not going to beat any photojournalist in a quickdraw contest.   Which reminds me of another thing:  When I've had gigs shooting an event it's been continuous...
    Freelancers may (try to) charge more for the same service, but the company will always have saved money by using freelancers instead of staff, for mainly two reasons.  First, no benefits. Secondly, if there's little in the way of local breaking news they're not paying anyone to be on call for any story that breaks.  A story breaks, they call someone to shoot it.  If there's a lot going on, they're using a lot of freelancers.  If not, those freelancers are not being...
  There's Photojournalism and there's pictures of things in newspapers.  Many newspapers don't use the former for 95% of their images.  Having a staff of photojournalists of any size larger than three is going the way of the dodo bird except for the publications who really pride themselves on their own images.  The bean counters hold the reins and my opinion that it's a shame is hypocritical since I've barely bought a newspaper in an eternity and I barely pay attention...
The device can immediately upload the image to the office fastest wins.  A photographer can do it with a wifi SD card and three minutes and it's kludgey.  The models I've seen with built in wifi modules are even less smooth to upload with.  Nothing like emailing it with one touch of the finger.  There's no quite equivalent in pro cameras that can beat a phone in that respect (that I know of, yet).   We'll crop it at the office.  He who posts online first wins.  Ten...
Wow, that's just a terrible bunch of half-baked damage control quotes that don't ring true. Intel shouldn't have let its marketing director get involved. "We're pleased at the rate of growth". Huh?