or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Nah.  Even if under the most magical conditions by the time a cold solder joint made a good connection under such a circumstance most of the other good solders would melt away, not to mention whatever else would melt and short out. Now putting a clicking hard drive hard drive in the freezer, on the other hand...   :  )
That's not a screenshot.  
Beats has officially fallen behind the curve.  Maybe this is why Apple bought them, to give them an $1,800 model.     Longhair Ethiopian sheep leather!  Already a $600 Beats just doesn't have the same street cachet it did a month ago.       http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1015349-REG/ultrasone_edition_12_headphones_matte.html
 These are all excellent points.  Plus, doesn't even Apple have to reverse engineer new camera outputs to add compatibility?   I would add that we have already seen several commercial alternatives released and none have been really embraced by the RAW/DAM community.  I would like to think that Apple exiting the niche leaves as opening to be filled (and we will pay $400 for a fantastic suite of tools that leaves nothing to be desired in either image management or editing),...
 What I meant to imply as that Apple may well just make it not work with a Yosemite update in a year, even without an actual need to, in its desire to create a larger base for Photos.   Kind of cynical, I know, but Aperture users have a right to be cynical  :  ) I also am leaving the door open to Photos actually being able to do a lot pretty well.  And if it takes 3rd party plugins that don't need to create TIFFs I'll be woodshedding with it for a while before turning my...
OK, thanks.  It's not to nest entire large sections, but often the lines I'm quoting to respond to are responding to something else, so I want to include that context.  It's easier for me to quote the whole thing and then delete everything not needed than hunt around to add that second quote.     Thanks,   j
Don't know how you're gleaning panic from my post, but whatever...The iMovie situation is obviously totally different as it has never been end of lifed. It lacks Apple announcing ending development of a long touted as professional proprietary product and their planning to offer a general purpose free replacement which will import its libraries. A more accurate comparison would be FCP, where Apple has been actively directing users toward FCPX. And though it boots in...
That's not exactly a stamp of confidence from Apple. Photos isn't out yet. When it is I guarantee the second or third minor Yosemite update renders Aperture incompatible ( for no actual technical reason). Photos and Aperture will not coexist except for a cursory short period. Otherwise no Aperture user would ever bother with Photos.Migrating before that time makes perfect sense.
Maybe I'm missing something.  But why, when we want to quote an entire post, including what has been quoted in it, quoting only gives us that post's author's text.  Multiquote means hopping around for five minutes to find the other quotes and hitting muliquote, at which post they end up out of order.   Why can't we just hit one button to quote a whole post?  Or can we?
     I'm basing iTunes not being the same big gorilla in the room based on the factors I mention, not its revenues.  I think if Apple thought it was still in the same "gorilla" position it was ten years ago they wouldn't have made any purchases at all nor hired any outsiders to come in.  iTunes' revenue has grown tremendously since then but so has everything else's revenue that has been a part of the transition completely away from physical media.  What iTunes has lacked...