or Connect

Posts by jlandd

But now we're dealing with FCPX, which excels in episodics but doesn't handle features as well. I would be very happy if you were to point out features currently being completely handled in FCPX (as I say I want Apple to succeed in with their pro apps and in fact have been unhappy with my last few years of Avid (Digidesign) audio products and support and have no love for Avid) but most editors I deal with who are FCPX users (and many have Avid as well) do not do long...
Avid is in the interesting situation here though of having their audio business, Digidesign, as the de facto standard for mid to high to the highest end audio studios. So it doesn't fall on the shoulders of the video community to keep Avid afloat. I would go so far as to say that the video community has something to lose in a tanking of the company, but the pro audio community would be completely turned upside down. A bailout by the audio industry would be more...
This is really beyond commenting on, aside from how you put words in my mouth. You need a course in remedial reading. FCPX doesn't run on anything other than Mac, hence any big non-Mac rigs will not be running FCPX, got it? Tech staffs at post houses know how to upgrade a rig without breaking it, and when you say that upgrading a computer is not done there, only by people who can't afford a new computer it shows an unfortunate lack of knowledge about the subject which...
Aiwaz418, thanks for posting. Facts are good. I was merely rebuffing that anything can be proven by reposting from a product's wiki page by someone who posts theory and ad copy as an argument. Plus, it was only a sidebar to the original issue. Thank you for stepping in. As far as the compositing, it was more just choosing a random part of the post process that requires something that it doesn't excel at. There are better examples. My point was: FCPX, great...
LOL. That's a cut and paste from the FCP wiki page. You don't know anything about these movies. Look into every one of those movies and find out which were done top to bottom in FCP only, or if FCP was one of the many workstations used. Was it pieced together in FCP but not anything else? Was all of the compositing done in FCP or did they send it to get done elsewhere? The point you missed from my other post is that: FCP has been used a lot; FCP has NOT been used...
Didn't say anything about perpetually tweaking. When they need more power they add more power.You just made my pointNonsense. Complete foolishness. You're adding words like "constantly" and "perpetually" that don't belong. Facilities have staffs that keep the the machines stable and always working, and they don't do it by never opening the cases.
Well, here's the thing, and I'm glad you mentioned the Mac Pro, because no one else is in these FCPX discussions yet it's a key factor. To wit, the capabilities of FCPX relative to the other options available to pro editors of all varieties is only one side of the coin of FCPX. The other is that you have to run it on Macs. That's not a terrible thing, I love Macs and OSX, and as an Aperture user who needs snappier performance I can always get a Mac, any model, that...
Yawn. Not this again. The urban legend of the "long list of Hollywood feature films its been used for"... LOL. Must see this list some time as an actual list. None from top to bottom except for a VERY small handful. To say it's "been used for" is completely different than saying "done on". I'm a total Apple apologist, but please, stop with this line. Ain't true. FCP and FCPX have a huge user base and is a great piece of software, but it could disappear...
Ironically enough, I spent hours at B & H yesterday with my daughter loading her up with supplies as a photography major at Maryland Institute College of Art. Her shooting is 75% film and loves spending days in the darkroom, just as I used to. Lots of people getting film, paper (not printer paper, developing paper! : ) ) and the salesguy said there's been a renaissance of sorts over the last few years of film cameras and accessories being bought by the serious...
"As sales of film dried up, Perez attempted to pivot the company to focus on printers and printer ink. However, Kodak has consistently lost money under his leadership and has achieved just a 2.6 percent share of the printer market." I had no idea of that, and that's insanely ironic, as I had always been happy with every Kodak product I ever bought until I gave the ESP7 printer a shot. A complete joke. Went through three of them. From the poor quality of output to the...