or Connect

Posts by jlandd

After reading through the article it certainly sounds like a fishing expedition, but not on CR's part, more on all the blogs that are picking it up and running as if it's more than it is. The article says it runs a little warmer. Everywhere else I've seen the article referenced it's used in a screaming, scandalous, headline grabbing context, and then you click to the article and it's this little 200 word thing with no exclamation points that basically says it runs a...
Link? That's a new one to me and pretty mind blowing if true. Not doubting you, just wanting to save myself 2 minutes of Googling to read more detailed info.edit: Nevermind, see that it broke in the UK on the 5th. Wow. Have I been purposely not paying attention to Android articles or did this not make much of a splash in the U.S.?
Wow, a sentence loaded with response options if I ever heard one!But seriously, this is the way too many companies do it. AVID's tech support, at least the kind you look for when you go to their site, is nearly entirely led by their User Community forums, and your only chance of getting through your crashes is to hope that the smart guy in Cleveland is finished with his session and checking in because all of the answers are from users. AVID also pretty much lets the...
It really does take on the feel of a place that is trying to make you give up before you find what you need, doesn't it? You have to click on five links to go to where you thought you needed to go, but it turns out to bring you back to an unhelpful page you were on three clicks ago. It's such a weird thing, that the Apple site is designed so un-Apple like. Here's a perfect example: You're at the main level of a support subject, say Aperture. You want to do a search. ...
The Apple community discussions used to be a great place to solve an issue but they haven't been for a while. Apple made a handful of gradual changes over the past few years and it's degenerated quite a bit, but I hesitate to blame the posters too much. It's currently laid out terribly, the search function is nearly guaranteed to NOT give useful returns on a subject you already know is hotly discussed, and much as I'm an Apple devotee, there is no worse place to try to...
Do you mean MacRumors? Last I checked MacOSRumors its front story was a week old and the most controversial thing in the whole place was a blurb about the color of the iPad case.
This American Life works incredibly hard to dot every i and cross every t. This story pales in comparison to the show they did on a particular juvenile judge taking the law in her own hands last year. Serious lawsuits were threatened toward them but they held their ground and their research and reporting in that case was airtight in spite of claims made by opposing lawyers. Didn't listen to this show. It seemed like the kind of dumb thing that doesn't amuse me, and I...
But don't you think that's because Android is like a space alien that you can't even figure out which end is the head, or which of its twenty heads is the one you should be concerned about? What Apple has created is something that people know where to go for stuff like this. To Apple. Not to be flip and say that Congress looked up Android in the phone book and didn't find anything, but that's the gist. There's unfortunately a hundred places to turn to root out...
Isn't that kind of like criticizing the medical community for doing diabetes research while people are dying of cancer?
ghostface, I feel your pain regarding vendors, but respectfully the hassle of getting them up to speed or switching vendors pales in comparison to the time you spend writing and labeling media. It was borderline in maybe 2010 but in 2012 GoogleDocs and Dropbox have solved the issue of the person on the other end not understanding how to ftp. Seriously, any vendor who doesn't let you exchange a few gigs of files online every week, however you do it, is probably not up to...