or Connect

Posts by jlandd

If you're saying the Fire is a fantastic quality, wonderful performer I'd say you've never used one. Maybe same as you've never used an iPad for a week? Anyway, if the iPad is "anachronistic" in five years I can only imagine what adjective we'll be able to use for the Fire by then . In it's wildest dreams it wishes it could rate "anachronistic" as the worst thing it will appear as.
And besides, just because we read the tech forums for such things, the rest of the world still doesn't, and 75% of iPad users I'll wager fall into the latter group. Whatever the figure is one can bet that many more people planning on getting an iPad this winter are blissfully unaffected by any of these kinds of announcements than are, especially ones as vague as this one. We're talking people who don't even glance at the tech pages of their local newspapers and wouldn't...
The name of the game, at some point, ceases to become further advancement and focuses on becoming the standard. You do this by taking what you have and getting it into where it will be used, not by chasing a technological carrot. It's now about market penetration. Speaking for myself I am often seeing iPads in music production studios, both high end and project, since a $500 widget and an inexpensive app (V-Control seems to me to be the front runner and it's $50) and...
I'd say (and not snarkily) that if something is labeled a consumer device no one is expected to be surprised when it breaks in six months. It's sort of a qualifier, like "You should always see a doctor before taking any weight loss supplement. In some cases users may experience abdominal pains, so if your intestines feel like they're about to explode see a doctor and stop ordering diet pills from informercials."
Insert "later on" joke here. : )
Insert joke about wishing it were available sooner so I could use it with all of my currently available ThunderBolt products here.
But now we're dealing with FCPX, which excels in episodics but doesn't handle features as well. I would be very happy if you were to point out features currently being completely handled in FCPX (as I say I want Apple to succeed in with their pro apps and in fact have been unhappy with my last few years of Avid (Digidesign) audio products and support and have no love for Avid) but most editors I deal with who are FCPX users (and many have Avid as well) do not do long...
Avid is in the interesting situation here though of having their audio business, Digidesign, as the de facto standard for mid to high to the highest end audio studios. So it doesn't fall on the shoulders of the video community to keep Avid afloat. I would go so far as to say that the video community has something to lose in a tanking of the company, but the pro audio community would be completely turned upside down. A bailout by the audio industry would be more...
This is really beyond commenting on, aside from how you put words in my mouth. You need a course in remedial reading. FCPX doesn't run on anything other than Mac, hence any big non-Mac rigs will not be running FCPX, got it? Tech staffs at post houses know how to upgrade a rig without breaking it, and when you say that upgrading a computer is not done there, only by people who can't afford a new computer it shows an unfortunate lack of knowledge about the subject which...
Aiwaz418, thanks for posting. Facts are good. I was merely rebuffing that anything can be proven by reposting from a product's wiki page by someone who posts theory and ad copy as an argument. Plus, it was only a sidebar to the original issue. Thank you for stepping in. As far as the compositing, it was more just choosing a random part of the post process that requires something that it doesn't excel at. There are better examples. My point was: FCPX, great...