or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Exactly. Siri is very cool. Not ready for prime time but fun to play with. Worth having for sure. But the fact that it's still in beta doesn't address the fact that Apple is not promoting it as a beta function. If you did a survey of MacDonald's eaters and asked if they ever ate pink slimed reconstituted chemically cleaned chicken they'd say no, and it's not because MacDonald's had ever lied about it. The 95% of iPhone buyers who didn't know it was beta is not...
And I forgot to put in a smiley, because I wasn't too Siri-ous either
Tallest Skil says it's entirely due to user error. What's wrong with these people that they don't just accept that? It's the flawless pinacle of voice recognition and has never, ever erred when used properly. Never. Ever.
So it's "“at best, a work-in-progress". Like most early versions of anything in this world. Assumed the lawyer would leave out such non-damning statements if they're looking to detail its awfulness into damages.
LOL, what delusional claptrap. Just Google iCloud and "issues" and spend a few hours reading, and then do iCloud and "problems" for another round. A failure!? Of course not. But join us on Earth for a dose of reality. Limit hits to the past three months if you don't have much time.I understand it is your desire to ignore such "proof" of issues so you can make such sweeping false statements, but please, it's foolishness to state that because one can't demonstrate it's...
Well, I'm no FUDmonger, and iWork wasn't smooth for me, iCloud is fair but NOT "working incredibly well" (several account voodoos) and I would have been happy to use my iDisk more often over the years except that uploads were literally four times the time of just putting on another free cloud service account, and I was told point blank by more than one client to stop putting our files there. I've happily replaced all such Apple services I tried with better working ones...
Key to what? Not the key to "Killer Apps" not made by Apple. Who's making them?Photoshop is unwieldy because of the way of Adobe. Innovation by non-Apple companies in the Photography category? Where? If that's what you're calling a wealth of innovation, please point out the apps that are innovative that you have purchased. Naturally it's better than last year. And there still isn't an Elements killer much less a PS killer in the bunch. Many are one-trick-pony...
I spend most of my awake working time (as opposed to when I'm working and not actually awake) sitting in front of Aperture, and it's BY FAR my preferred UI between the two. But I always have to laugh when it gets printed somewhere that a big difference between the two is that LR "locks you in" to working a certain way while in Aperture you are "free" to work in a way not dictated by the software. You have a row of adjustment "bricks" that you can't change the order of....
This is necessary for them. I didn't even realize until pretty far into the game that many of the Google offshoots were even Google. Most people who own Android phones probably had no idea of the connection to Google until recently, if even then.
I happen to still be a Verizon customer for several things, my landline, DSL and 4 cell phone plan over several decades. It all randomly and without strategy fell in place, but it does give me one ability, and that is that when I say without pause that there is no company that is more horrible to deal with, is more apt to screw your accounts up and be more impossible to fix problems with, I can say it with 25 years first hand experience. The only reason I don't drop them...