or Connect

Posts by jlandd

They didn't even sell to high visibility sales executives. They were a flop, pure and simple. Apple misjudged what they could release and charge for. The improved performance in the revised models brought them into usefulness, and sales responded, and now that they spec out as they do they sell well. One of Apple's greatest attributes (and I say this as an Apple fan not basher) is their ability to make people have amnesia about when they screwed up so they can proceed...
No one is saying that. What they're saying is that IF the next MBP can't do what their current one can, especially with regard the graphics card (not for gaming but for Aperture, Photoshop, etc.) there's nothing in the plus column that will make it worth upgrading to, as it won't be an upgrade except in ways that are secondary to them. A twice as powerful CPU but with shared graphics or lesser graphics card because a better one than what I've already got won't fit? IF...
"Sir, Aperture users are saying it runs poorly on the new slim MBPs because of the lack of suitable graphics card." "They don't need those graphics cards anymore. We have new, smaller ones right on the logic board" "But sir we made Aperture so GPU intensive that it doesn't run well on a compromised graphics card." "Bah. Works fine for me. This new smaller graphics card is great. See? I just took a picture and used Aperture to upload it to facebook. Forget about...
That's just for static storage, not active files. There is no cloud storage suitable to deal with large, working files in progress except as backups. Files currently being worked on, such as folders of hundred meg TIFFs or audio work as it is being worked on. That's the answer for offices, but not production environments.
Originally Posted by popnfresh "The new MacBook Pros may be sleek and light and fine for home users, but they'll be a disaster for professionals and the enterprise".Not quite. We have two MBPs, and recent MBA (along with an iPad2 and an old PPC G5 desktop, still being useful), and while the MBA has found it's way into our workflow (audio and image production) there's zero way we can use it to run the business on. We like it but absolutely no doubt that if someone told...
Forget about reasonable levels. How about T-bolt peripherals across the board being available? And not just one or two examples. Thunderbolt is the greatest thing going that barely anyone is utilizing, except to adapt it down to usable non-T-bolt peripherals.
Nah, not at all. First of all this is exactly the kind of product you want developed by people who actually want to use it, not by a company that will create a new paradigm first and then make it work second. Give me an iPad interface that runs the program, not one where the tail is trying to wag the dog. I want my (iPad controlled) programs to act exactly as they already do, otherwise I wouldn't be using them. Not until Apple proves they have been sitting in some...
No idea about the stats. But we have exactly one smartphone on our family plan, and after two Blackberries fell apart due to simple hardware/manufacturing issues (not including replacements for broken trackball on each one) she's on an iPhone now. I doubt she really cares which ecosystem she's on, and I haven't heard about anything not working yet.
Dick, keep us posted. Kind of interested in any cool plusses or gotchas in that. I mean, I spent $5 on a snack between breakfast and lunch, so ... : )
You may not even need FCPX. How about $5 for Avid Studio? : )http://appshopper.com/blog/2012/02/0...ipad-released/