or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Well, sort of. But two things regarding Apple have changed this for pros in both audio and image work, and they are that high end MBPs have shown to be very suitable for heavy lifting in these areas (especially with an external monitor) and that Apple desktops have been extremely underwhelming for too long. Pros who don't need the slots have not been motivated to go the desktop route, since the desktops have been so long in the tooth for so long. When that changes it...
I'm still using it on my 2008 MBP : ) for first passes. It's doable for basics. But only for projects without much brushes, which unfortunately is only a small percentage of the total. For added adjustment bricks, with brushes and masks it's not near time efficient enough. I shift it to a newer model with a better card for that. Aperture is completely GPU dependent for everything except for exports, so without a decent graphics card it's very limited how much you...
Sure, because I personally don't have a problem with such an iffy technology as VR being iffy. Previous OSX and Windows VRs were released not as beta over the decades and didn't work perfectly by a long shot. The manner in which Apple's referring to it as beta in their material as something that will "improve" implies to many that it works fine as it is, beta just means that it will "improve". (Duh. what doesn't?) No one who doesn't understand that beta means...
Since you can't use Aperture without a VERY good dedicated graphics card, this would mean there would be only the top model to choose from. Eh. Not great but what can you do.
Who listens to keynotes except for us? Normal people don't. Plus, obviously you and I know what beta means, but Aunt Betty who just bought her first smart phone doesn't.My point is simply, and obviously, that yes Apple didn't hide the fact that it is a beta function, but if you don't know the lingo the term means nothing without an explanation.What about people who DON'T buy from Apple? I guarantee that those who walk into a Verizon store for their first iPhone do NOT...
Exactly. Siri is very cool. Not ready for prime time but fun to play with. Worth having for sure. But the fact that it's still in beta doesn't address the fact that Apple is not promoting it as a beta function. If you did a survey of MacDonald's eaters and asked if they ever ate pink slimed reconstituted chemically cleaned chicken they'd say no, and it's not because MacDonald's had ever lied about it. The 95% of iPhone buyers who didn't know it was beta is not...
And I forgot to put in a smiley, because I wasn't too Siri-ous either
Tallest Skil says it's entirely due to user error. What's wrong with these people that they don't just accept that? It's the flawless pinacle of voice recognition and has never, ever erred when used properly. Never. Ever.
So it's "“at best, a work-in-progress". Like most early versions of anything in this world. Assumed the lawyer would leave out such non-damning statements if they're looking to detail its awfulness into damages.
LOL, what delusional claptrap. Just Google iCloud and "issues" and spend a few hours reading, and then do iCloud and "problems" for another round. A failure!? Of course not. But join us on Earth for a dose of reality. Limit hits to the past three months if you don't have much time.I understand it is your desire to ignore such "proof" of issues so you can make such sweeping false statements, but please, it's foolishness to state that because one can't demonstrate it's...