or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Great. Now maybe those Send Out Cards idiots can shrivel up and blow away.
It's also probably 40% of the weight, which is something the 7" naysayers always leave out. The iPad is pretty heavy for its form, especially for holding freely. A tablet of any size that give a good browsing and reading experience that is notably lighter will have a niche, other shortcomings notwithstanding.
1) No, it means that there are still plenty of people locked into Flash usage, but that doesn't change the fact that Flash is what is being left behind2) If you need or want Flash just use something that plays well with it. Complaining about Flash on an iPad is like complaining about streaming HD video off a Windows phone via USB to a TV. Don't use it for the wrong job. Why be annoyed that a banana isn't crispy? That Flash is all over the place doesn't mean Apple made...
You're comparing Iphones to an OS used by bucketfuls of phone manufacturers yet Apple is the only one who can't keep up with the demand and still makes more profit than all of the other Android phone makers COMBINED.
I don't think it qualified as "a lot" by even the most generous description. Power Computing certainly sold a fair but very small amount back in the day, but no other clone maker could ever lay claim to literally have cut into any Apple product's share. That would be a hypothetical and theoretical claim for legal purposes, and I support its position, but it didn't actually occur by any stretch since they pulled the liscense from Power Computing. (I actually bought my...
One big difference between Amazon's datamining here and the standard issue is that it's not based on cookies or dependent on what the user opts in or out of. Having Silk caching into their offices is pretty genius, because even Chrome, which Google is constantly trying to get us to use (some features of GoogleDocs are only available through Chrome) doesn't have that much sucking power to call home as much. It's gotten to the point with these things that no one is...
I think it is what this has come to, not because we all are clamoring for whatever Amazon/whoever can give us but because we're not willing to pay what a good tablet experience would cost when sold by a company who sells it like a computer, and relies solely on profit as in "cost to make" minus "price sold at". If we keep turning our noses up at $450 tablets that aren't quite iPads, who is going to make them? Our demand for thin margins has seemed to have gotten such...
As I've said several times before in other threads, no one's buying them because no one's selling a good one (not talking about ones primarily e-readers here). I understand and agree with points you've made that 7" isn't great for reading, but that just means it's the wrong tool for the job. What about people who don't intend to use it as a reader? The first company that markets a good 7" tablet at an attractive price will make a profit. And since Apple has the larger...
Best post in the thread. Amazon is just getting them into users' hand. They have tallied the cost of each one and determined that this is part of the budget for the bigger picture of being a destination for the user. They don't want to be an electronics hardware company. They would make a 20 inch tablet with Android 1.3 or if they thought it would start the ball rolling towards becoming a premier content provider. Whether they can achieve this or not is where we...
I'm not saying educated guesses can't be made. I am saying that Munster isn't showing any more insight into it than forum posters. By this I mean that there are often very astute arguments for things such as cost estimates posted in places like this forum, but I would hope that so much space devoted to a mouthpiece from PJ would have meatier content by 300%. He comes off like a 3rd tier forum poster, not an expert.