or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Don't know how it is elsewhere, but I've had Verizon in NYC for over a decade, family plan, four phones, one data plan for a smartphone, and I would liken the experience of walking into any Verizon store in an attempt to solve a problem to holding out your hands and allowing someone to repeatedly jab hot rusty needles under your fingernails. It really is a parody of how insanely horrible the service side of a company could possibly be run.
His post was better.
It is a space that you couldn't honestly call a "ghost" space, but nothing substantial has been there for quite a while. If my memory is serving right about the exact space there have been many temporary installations and events there but I can't even remember the last permanent tenant. Makes sense that any other chain like Best Buy would pass on it. It only gets commuter traffic, and every town a commuter is going home to has a Best Buy. An Apple Store is really the...
It doesn't matter how many Fires Amazon sells to determine if it's a success. They basically are stating that by selling them around cost. If the people who do use them use enough Amazon services through it, then it doesn't matter if a large portion of the public hates them, it was never a goal to market a good cheap tablet. It's like selling $25 tennis rackets, however mediocre, so people will rent your courts. You can't judge the strategy by judging the rackets,...
I was thinking about it this way: I take my 2008 15" MBP with me on the subway and then back home again daily. When it's just that it's really not a bad haul and I'm not at all unhappy. But on the days when I have the large Wacom and two portable drives and a folder of documents and some 300 page thing in a FedEx envelope and the power supply and maybe my lunch I usually notice the weight for the entire time, and it serves to remind me that it's close enough to the...
Because they don't release products with an OS that's not updatable and yet old and still unfinished at the same time by the time it's released?
Have to admit the video's pretty funny. But even funnier would be one of Samsung Galaxy owners in a Verizon Store, because there is nothing funnier than three lines of ten people with smoke shooting out of their ears.
Do you know what Grand Central Station is? It's not a mall, it's a commuter train station. There will be no one there between Weds. night and Monday morning. On any given Saturday you can hock lugies off the balcony of the Oyster Bar all day and not hit anyone.
Also, holidays will be the LEAST trafficked times for this store. Grand Central Station is a good place for an Apple Store but it's not exactly a destination unless you're going to catch a train. I doubt there's going to be the least bit of bustle going on there over this weekend. Outside and three blocks over sure, but not inside GCS, so no loss. Good move to not bother rushing the opening.
My 2008 15" MBP had the classic faulty video board symptoms this year. A NYC Apple store verified this but would not do a free replacement given the time frame, however did give me a deal where for a small set price (I forgot what but it was around $300) they would take it and return it with everything in it guaranteed for 30 days, which I took. I was not happy with the length of guarantee but for such a small cost they indeed did this and I was back in business. I...