or Connect

Posts by jlandd

And since the IRS has decided on a tax status for it, including that they're treated overall as property not currency, and using them just to purchase something could trigger capital gains, many users will decide it's not worth it and others will use them further under the radar, since for them most of the satisfaction is to be giving the finger to the government.  Not sure if there's any substantial group in the middle.  You end up with a user base of mostly renegades,...
 At what point in Beats' timeline did Reznor leave?  Google is not my friend with this. "Did he jump or was he pushed?"   Was it greased by Iovine and Dr Dre and not Reznor knowing about a coming deal?  Or did the Apple deal always solely involve Iovine and Dre of the top brass as per both parties, leaving Reznor to fly while his market value was still high?
 Yes, this is one of several things about where Software Update has gone that really irks me.  I can't figure any reason to have removed it.
Quote: Originally Posted by AppleInsider  The Mac has become an increasingly popular target for malware authors   If you mean it's gone from 0.02 % of total malwares to 0.12% I suppose that's an increase.  On the other hand being a "target for" and being "affected by" are not the same thing.     Originally Posted by AppleInsider   with some reportedly netting as much as $10,000 per day from their creations.    Whoa there.  ONE was estimated (by Symantic for...
   Maybe I wasn't clear enough, as we're not talking about the same thing, so I apologize if so.  I don't do layout or design, just images.  In my situation, which isn't rare, when I hand off images I'm giving them to the art department or similar at a company.  They have rarely wanted me to give them anything but RGB so that they have the original, wider gamut to do whatever they want with, and have the original RGB version filed away for the future.  Their department...
   I'll tell you why that's a non-argument.  I've been having photos published in print for decades and never needed CMYK in my workflow, ever.  Why?  Because, like most photographers, I do my own post work on the images and then give them to whoever is going to use it.  The person laying it out and sending it off to the printer uses CMYK.  So you have one desk that needs it and a hundred photographers giving them images who don't need it.  I didn't/don't need it for my...
Pixelmator has never been aimed at powering a full time graphics, design and illustration gig for many reasons. That's like giving a diner a bad rating because it has a limited wine list. It means one is in the wrong place for what they want.
 No one here is "ignorant" of the fact that it is an "opt in" feature.  It's pretty naive to be so confident that merely knowing "how to use the product" makes one impervious to privacy breaches.    And calling those who see the flaws here ignorant and stupid puts a capital N on that.
If this was about headphones there would be no interest from Apple. A year ago, before Beats' non-hardware divisions got traction this wouldn't have happened.As far as Dr Dre's vaule to Apple it could be zero, could be something. It's not relevant because A) It's more than likely a position in name only, or 99% and B) A company gets bought and its owners get consulting titles is standard. Plus whether or not Apple cared if Dre got an Apple title you can bet it was...