or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Aside from this being zero about headphones, it's also probably barely about streaming or technology. Iovine is a magician on a level that Apple has no one to compare, though they used to. He's not only constantly ahead of the curve but he's been practically printing his own money for decades. Does Apple really need his product? No. Do they need him? Not as much as they want to prevent him from turning another company with deep pockets into the hot music go-to site. ...
No, Monster hasn't been involved in ages. They were squeezed out in a very ironic move a long time ago.One of Iovine's many amazing talents is that he sold Interscope for huge sums and then bought it back for a fraction years later several times. He's kind of a genius at making something with a value of x be accepted as worth either 10 times x or 1/10 x.PS: Chalk up those "reported" meetings in LA with corporate music industry during the Grammys as having happened.
 But "We have no plans" is not the same as "There's no plan yet we can at this moment show you as we don't currently have it in motion, but we do plan on making the plan regarding it as soon as the smoke clears."  As in "We have no plans presentable as I speak, but of course 5 minutes from now you can read about our plans".   There's no truth in that as a statement about current reality.  It's lawyer-speak, which fools the listener into accepting it as a true statement...
 Um, Beats is hardly a "vanilla" audio service.
  LaCie's willingness years ago to keep shipping bad drive power supplies long after it was clear there was a problem there painted them to me as a company who would stick their head in the sand and hope a problem would blow over soon because it's too much effort and expense to properly attend to in the most timely fashion.   I'm not surprised by the calendar of events with this issue and have little faith in how they respond to anything.
I'd love to be able to use DuckDuck Go, but it's way too limited in how results can be presented.  Main thing is not being able to determine a simple time frame is a dealkiller.  Just sorting by date isn't enough.   At least I've never been able to figure out how to make it as useful as I want it, and if after going around all the options three times I can't find how that's enough to make me think it's not for me.
 This is my attitude as well, although I have decent passwords where they count.  Personal info is very rarely stolen by anything figuring out ones password, either by sequential attack or by guessing what the user might use.  It's nearly entirely done these days by getting into the vendor's files or grabbing it during a period of insecure passage, rendering 5ewE909iHts09uQi no more secure than mollyb32  IMHO, there's practically no point in having uber unguessable...
There are definitely people who are fine with an 8 Gig iPhone.   The people who are willing to pay this price are not those people.
She's done a horrible job of righting the teetering and full of holes Yahoo email ship.   
Oy vey.