or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Weird timing for a 5c marketing push.
 I just want it to tell me where the nearest WaWa is.
  NYC is a funny place as far as public transportation, in that it's what most people use as their only means of getting around but that's not because it's so great (it really is pretty good) but because owning a car anywhere near Manhattan is an insane PITA and cash suck.  When the trains don't run literally hardly anyone says "Well, I'll just drive in instead".  Even if they live in Brooklyn and own a car (like me.  BTW, iPads have revolutionized sitting in your car...
Missed the news months ago that Apple had acquired Embark.  I started using Embark NYC after it won the MTA contest for best subway navigation app.  It was unimpressive then and pretty terrible still.  OK map (like many others) but there are much better ways to get alerts and train arrivals at specific stations without spending minutes going through such hoops.  Not the app to use when you're in a rush, which goes without saying half the time on the subway.  I can't...
 Didn't hear about other changes to the calendar except for what's listed, but any chance the ability to duplicate events with a swipe on the device has been added? Thanks.
It felt like a doomed campaign from the start, based on my experience getting one in Sept.  This was, IIRC, when the first crop of 5s's were shipped and people who didn't get on that bunch had to order and wait for more, so that wasn't in stock.  First, the salesperson couldn't have been more enthusiastic pitching the 5s yet we couldn't get any solid info about exactly what the deal was with the 5c from them.  Had to get all of that from Apple news sites, which wasn't...
   I understand that.  But there are a lot of people like mwhiteco in the US for whom the 5c wasn't a bad deal, so I disagree with some of the negative posts about the 5c in the States.  Here there's a major part of the cell phone users who don't consider buying a phone off contract.  When you have a family plan with five and every few months one of the lines is up it's really no terrible thing to go with a contract phone on an upgrade.  Last year my college age daughter...
Although the hard drive is SATA in these the optical is PATA, so it's not as simple a swap as in a post 2008 one.  To move the existing drive over get the cage with a PATA-SATA adapter. 
 If I were only using the title of this AI post as my parameters, but this isn't a book report on the AI post..   Within the industry there isn't the "reportedly" about the meetings that took place during Grammys week.   You really have a strange way of responding to people.  Always with one sentence pithy put downs that don't add anything.  You often have the simple retort of "Why?" but then add nothing that gives any insight to the topic, just name calling.    No one...
 Don't change my words to your foolishness.   Not a rumor.  Fact.  The only reason Apple didn't do it before Beyonce is because that was their testing the waters, and now its tested.  Here's a fact you shouldn't change at your whim:  Apple has already started doing more exclusives, especially first release exclusives a week before available elsewhere.   Currently one (only available as full album) is the #2 album on Soundscan, which is total sales across all outlets in the...