or Connect

Posts by jlandd

Yes, this is one of several things about where Software Update has gone that really irks me.  I can't figure any reason to have removed it.
Quote: Originally Posted by AppleInsider  The Mac has become an increasingly popular target for malware authors   If you mean it's gone from 0.02 % of total malwares to 0.12% I suppose that's an increase.  On the other hand being a "target for" and being "affected by" are not the same thing.     Originally Posted by AppleInsider   with some reportedly netting as much as $10,000 per day from their creations.    Whoa there.  ONE was estimated (by Symantic for...
   Maybe I wasn't clear enough, as we're not talking about the same thing, so I apologize if so.  I don't do layout or design, just images.  In my situation, which isn't rare, when I hand off images I'm giving them to the art department or similar at a company.  They have rarely wanted me to give them anything but RGB so that they have the original, wider gamut to do whatever they want with, and have the original RGB version filed away for the future.  Their department...
   I'll tell you why that's a non-argument.  I've been having photos published in print for decades and never needed CMYK in my workflow, ever.  Why?  Because, like most photographers, I do my own post work on the images and then give them to whoever is going to use it.  The person laying it out and sending it off to the printer uses CMYK.  So you have one desk that needs it and a hundred photographers giving them images who don't need it.  I didn't/don't need it for my...
Pixelmator has never been aimed at powering a full time graphics, design and illustration gig for many reasons. That's like giving a diner a bad rating because it has a limited wine list. It means one is in the wrong place for what they want.
 No one here is "ignorant" of the fact that it is an "opt in" feature.  It's pretty naive to be so confident that merely knowing "how to use the product" makes one impervious to privacy breaches.    And calling those who see the flaws here ignorant and stupid puts a capital N on that.
If this was about headphones there would be no interest from Apple. A year ago, before Beats' non-hardware divisions got traction this wouldn't have happened.As far as Dr Dre's vaule to Apple it could be zero, could be something. It's not relevant because A) It's more than likely a position in name only, or 99% and B) A company gets bought and its owners get consulting titles is standard. Plus whether or not Apple cared if Dre got an Apple title you can bet it was...
Wow, that really brings me back. Liberace accomplished something I'm not sure anyone else ever did. I had pretty subversive musical tastes as a kid but I thought he was too bizarre. My grandmother, on the other hand thought he was the greatest thing ever. "Such a nice man". I was shocked but Stella, who was shocked if Andy Williams said "Darn", wasn't shocked.Props to Liberace for figuring out the best trojan horse in entertainment.
 I'm reading it as throwing a little ice water on the hoopla of their positions:   "The report does not seem to indicate that the two men will be full-time employees. Rather, it seems possible that the pair will commute and take meetings as needed. In the modern world of technology, working remotely is not a far-fetched possibility." Realistically, it's possible that the positions aren't based on any great expectations Apple has for them there, just that it's part of the...