or Connect

Posts by jlandd

That actually wouldn't be a horrible song list if it were from 1982 instead of 2005.  
Oh no...     Just saw SolipsismX's sig.  My most heartfelt condolences to his family.     I haven't felt the sting of a jragosta retort in a long time, but that's mostly because as long as there was the slightest chance I was still one of the fools he didn't suffer gladly I wasn't taking a chance.  Andysol said it best.  "I used to argue a bunch with him, then I realized he was always right- so I stopped."  Sometimes I would be so riled up by him that I would spend...
Of course he was aware of it. But he was in opposition to her speech, which she made while he was still in prison. Nothing like an administration claiming to not know what's going on.
I'm sorry, but this simplistic statement shows you don't know the history behind the major event you brought up. He has long contended that he was opposed to her speech, and vigorously disputed a document that surfaced years later, from the interview notes of a biographer, a single sentence which said that he had approved of it.Regardless of how we look at his life, A) Winnie was a far more incendiary and less wise person than he was, and; B) He was on year 23 of a 27...
Winnie Mandela was not Nelson Mandela.
 Commuting on the NYC subway I see plenty.   What really surprises me is how many Android phones, high and mid as well as the obvious low end, I see.   I had imagined them having a smaller ratio than I see.  And, like for island hermit, a Blackberry sighting isn't rare at all.  Weird, considering the amount of doomsday surrounding it. 
   The latest version requires ML, so that limits how far back you can go.  My experience on older Macs with previous versions using a SL version (haven't tried 3.0) was that it was nicely responsive, faster than PS.  But that was on files less than 3500 pixels or so.  On larger files it would do worse and on very large files it misbehaved pretty consistently (wrong filter results, deleting half the image, quitting, etc).  I hope they've taken care of that in 3.0.    I...
One reason I don't think this is inevitable is because Pixelmator relies so heavily on hooking into Apple's Core Image that I'm not sure that they have any code of value to Apple. This is in no way a criticism of what they've put out, but if Apple saw fit to have another image program situated between iPhoto and Aperture they could do it with the same existing system hooks they make available to developers rather than buying any product to obtain it's abilities.
Some people need to work with 16 bit images at least part of the time, so it's a moot point how good Pixelmator is. They stil need something that does. Many keep pestering the developers about this and they've always been a bit evasive. The latest is that they made a cryptic statement about this and the arrival of the new Mac Pros, so if that becomes a reality there will REALLY be some dropping of PS for it.
That would be terrible for the end user. What Pixelmator has going for it, both in the public perception and in reality, is that it is the full priority of the company who own and work on it.