or Connect

Posts by jlandd

This has nothing to do with headphones.
 Iovine is this decade's master of the Reality Distortion field.  
Ha ha ha! Right you are. I get a quite a few quotes from that era misremembered. Wonder why? : )
Holy Redundancy Dept of Redundancy Batman. Now we have eight threads where everyone, including me, will be saying the same things.
  But here's the thing:  What we love about Apple and how wildly successful their successes are is clear.  But their music service(s) are not the Gorilla In The Room that we assumed a decade ago they'd be now.  In fact, quite the opposite.  From having two daughters (and jillions more at work) I'm around lots of young people and their music and iTunes is, regardless of what any numbers say, is not regarded as being cool and current.  Forget about how it compares...
Aside from this being zero about headphones, it's also probably barely about streaming or technology. Iovine is a magician on a level that Apple has no one to compare, though they used to. He's not only constantly ahead of the curve but he's been practically printing his own money for decades. Does Apple really need his product? No. Do they need him? Not as much as they want to prevent him from turning another company with deep pockets into the hot music go-to site. ...
No, Monster hasn't been involved in ages. They were squeezed out in a very ironic move a long time ago.One of Iovine's many amazing talents is that he sold Interscope for huge sums and then bought it back for a fraction years later several times. He's kind of a genius at making something with a value of x be accepted as worth either 10 times x or 1/10 x.PS: Chalk up those "reported" meetings in LA with corporate music industry during the Grammys as having happened.
 But "We have no plans" is not the same as "There's no plan yet we can at this moment show you as we don't currently have it in motion, but we do plan on making the plan regarding it as soon as the smoke clears."  As in "We have no plans presentable as I speak, but of course 5 minutes from now you can read about our plans".   There's no truth in that as a statement about current reality.  It's lawyer-speak, which fools the listener into accepting it as a true statement...
 Um, Beats is hardly a "vanilla" audio service.
  LaCie's willingness years ago to keep shipping bad drive power supplies long after it was clear there was a problem there painted them to me as a company who would stick their head in the sand and hope a problem would blow over soon because it's too much effort and expense to properly attend to in the most timely fashion.   I'm not surprised by the calendar of events with this issue and have little faith in how they respond to anything.